• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Pakistan

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Damn, Kallis falls for 155. Definitely a blot on his career that he's never been able to make a double century, especially considering some of the batsman who have done it in recent times.

Perm

I find it amazing that a batsman with such a good technique and such good concentration skills, with such a good record has not made a double ton.
So do, it's not like he hasn't had the opportunity either. I think this is the 8th time he's gone past 150 without passing 200.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
So do, it's not like he hasn't had the opportunity either. I think this is the 8th time he's gone past 150 without passing 200.
Its just another of those statistical oddities which just cant be explained.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I guess its not as frustrating as seeing Cook bat; 6 100s and a HS of 127 :wacko: .

I guess in the context of his career it doesn't matter all that much.

Perm

Ashwell Prince gone now, Danish Kaneria claims his 200th Test victim.

Perm

South Africa cross the 400 mark, AB de Villiers looking to take charge and bat with the tail.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why Pakistan keep playing test cricket on dead track is beyond me.The matches are boring and they are killing test cricket over there.Malik should have been bold and asked for lively wkts, rather than playing safe and opting for a dead track, he might still end up losing his first test match as captain which would really be a laugh!

Perm

Technical problems.
Indeed.

He's going pretty well too, 52* from 78 balls. Will probably look to accelerate a bit more now because he's batting with the #10. Good to see Abdur Rehman claiming his first Test scalp, he now has three of them.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
As many as 27 bowlers did it faster than his 23 tests and another nine (including him) did it in 23.
Ok.

Does he have a record like that though?

Fastest to 100 wickets or youngest to in ODI cricket? I think I can recall the Australian commentators praising him when Pakistan were in Australia once.