• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Pakistan

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can Pakistan take the risk of having him, Afridi and Asif on the same field ? :dry:
Unless from a chance to redeem himself on the field you mean he should be allowed to finish the job on the field (with a bat in hand) what he left unfinished in the dressing room :dry:
I agree with your sentiments, Akhtar shouldn't be anywhere near the side. Screw the "chance to redeem himself" line, you have to earn the right to play for your national side and to represent your country. Akhtar's behaviour has been far from good enough for that sort of honour, and TBH I'll be happy if I never see him play international cricket again.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I agree with your sentiments, Akhtar shouldn't be anywhere near the side. Screw the "chance to redeem himself" line, you have to earn the right to play for your national side and to represent your country. Akhtar's behaviour has been far from good enough for that sort of honour, and TBH I'll be happy if I never see him play international cricket again.
I also suspect that the fact that Pakistan performed as well as they did in South Africa had a lot to do with the conspicuous absence of Akhtar from the dressing room. I have rarely seen a happier Pakistan side and a more relaxed Afridi. With Akhtar around, both may not have been possible.

Perm

I also suspect that the fact that Pakistan performed as well as they did in South Africa had a lot to do with the conspicuous absence of Akhtar from the dressing room. I have rarely seen a happier Pakistan side and a more relaxed Afridi. With Akhtar around, both may not have been possible.
That's very true. I was glad to see Akhtar sent home before the World Twenty20, and I can't help but think Pakistan's acheivements wouldn't have been so high if he was present.

pasag

RTDAS
Agree with this.

Anyways, Kallis to make between 150 and the double ton but falling short of the 200, imo.

Perm

Anyways, Kallis to make between 150 and the double ton but falling short of the 200, imo.
Now would be the perfect chance for that 200, he's never done it before and I think it'll be something that he will want to rectify.

Perm

I'm sure he wants to rectify it whenever he goes out to bat :p
Like I said, perfect chance right here. If he can survive the new ball, which he should, then Pakistan will really struggle to get him out.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Now would be the perfect chance for that 200, he's never done it before and I think it'll be something that he will want to rectify.
Oh I didnt realise that. He hasnt a double hundred. hmmm. One today....?

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain

I liked what Smith said in press conference, he said that he wasn't sure if Akhtar's absence would be a psychological advantage to SA or would it be a psychological advantage to Pakistan:laugh:

Perm

Master class from Kallis here, handling Mohammad Asif with ease, new ball and all.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I find it amazing that a batsman with such a good technique and such good concentration skills, with such a good record has not made a double ton.