Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* South Africa in Pakistan

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleg View Post
    Inzamam is still Pakistan's best batsman. (or at a stretch, second best) He should play as long as he's performing, be it ten months or ten years.
    Agreed. The PCB pushed out Anwar after the 2003 World Cup, hopefully they won't try and screw with Inzamam now.

BTW, could someone change the thread title to reflect the correct year?
    RIP Craigos

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )

No I disagree, Its time for PCB to be Bold and take chance on its batting line up.....yeah, batting line up (even with fragile inzi) looks better than W/O inzi but it doesnt mean that Pak should not take a chance playing W/O inzi, well picture two scenarios

1) Batting line up does horrible W/o inzi against SA and he gets called in for India series scores a big 100 and chips in with 2 50's, then inzi plays against AUS and does Okay too.....Now i can bet my bottom$ on it if this is what happens, inzi is going to think....."Now is the perfect time to retire" as he is doing well with bat and would waana leave as good player.....Qs. is do we not have same problem next Apr as we have now, the Who we play in Now for Inzi???

2) Batting W/O inzi does reasonabily well against SA and same team gets sent to India and played against AUS, regardless of overall result (result of AUS series, as i think senior batsman or no senior batsman (inzi or no inzi) Pak will do well against India in India as it is always the desire/motivation to win of pakistanis against india that have always won them games and not the presense or absense of senior/better batsmen (as 10K>>Javed and Sachin>> Inzi (statistically speaking) )...comes next April and Pak is better placed as Pak now has a tried and tested batting line up that has gone through a tough season that hopefully have tought them self belief.

Now I think that for future of Pak cricket Scenario 2 is alot better than 1), and thats why Letting inzi stay out is the way to go.

Last edited by Bouncer; 22-06-2007 at 12:32 PM.
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleg View Post
    Inzamam is still Pakistan's best batsman. (or at a stretch, second best) He should play as long as he's performing, be it ten months or ten years.
    In a hard game I'd rather have Inzamam at the crease than Mohammad Yousuf, that's for sure.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Agreed. The PCB pushed out Anwar after the 2003 World Cup, hopefully they won't try and screw with Inzamam now.
    You didn't foloow cricket after 1999 WC Final till Champions Trophy in 2004 so probably thats the reason that u don't know that Saeed Anwar was one the most unfit cricketers in the world then & shouldn't have been picked for the WC at all.After scoring 101 against India which was probaly his only innings of 30+ in the WC,he admitted that he never felt so tired in any other match his whole career as this one.Even people like Robin Jackman criticized the selectors for selecting such an unfit cricketer to play in the WC for Pakistan.He didn't look serious in the matches he played after 2001 & probably had lost all interest in cricket after the death of his daughter.

Inzamam-ul-Haq is a much fitter player than what Saeed Anwar was after 2003 WC & should play for Pakistan as long as he enjoys his batting & performs of course.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BhupinderSingh View Post
    You didn't foloow cricket after 1999 WC Final till Champions Trophy in 2004
    I love the way a relatively irregular poster like you knows that about Amir.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

I just can't understand why South Africans are so keen only to play 2 match test series in recent times (when they tour the sub-continent). They played a 2 match test series against Bangladesh,India,Sri Lanka and now Pakistan. Do you guys know the reason behind this?

Well there's no reason to play more than 2 against Bangladesh, and SA and SL have always played loads and often just 2 games per series.

Pak it was originally scheduled for 3 but changed at the last minute; and Ind it was a hastily fitted-in thing anyway. Same was true in 1999\2000 when they played in Ind too.

So... hope that answers. Just a combination of different circumstances in each of the 3 cases, really.

Well there's no reason to play more than 2 against Bangladesh, and SA and SL have always played loads and often just 2 games per series.

Pak it was originally scheduled for 3 but changed at the last minute; and Ind it was a hastily fitted-in thing anyway. Same was true in 1999\2000 when they played in Ind too.

So... hope that answers. Just a combination of different circumstances in each of the 3 cases, really.
    But still South Africa are just not playing enough test matches in the sub-continent. I am also not a huge fan of 2-test match series.

Indeed. But if circumstances were different, they would have done. You can only do what's doable to you, and the UCBSA can't organise schedules around what's not there to be organised.

Hopefully their next series in India might be possible to organise as a slightly longer one, and hopefully next time they won't have the problems of last time in Pakistan.

I love the way a relatively irregular poster like you knows that about Amir.
    Nah, I've mentioned it before eons ago, so he's actually almost spot on (I started following cricket again during the '04 Asian Cup). Though I have to say the fact that he remembers something so random that I posted probably a year ago does creep me out a bit.

I know, I remember you mentioning it. If it'd been, say, Fusion or Gelman who'd said that I'd not have been surprised at all. But Shoaib\BhupinderSingh? Strange.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    I just can't understand why South Africans are so keen only to play 2 match test series in recent times (when they tour the sub-continent). They played a 2 match test series against Bangladesh,India,Sri Lanka and now Pakistan. Do you guys know the reason behind this?
    That's right.

We all know that ODIs are major money spinners, but why not 3 of them and 3 tests? Just diminishes things imo.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

I hate 3-ODI series too, though.

Would always go 5 ODIs and 3 Tests myself. And occasionally, on a full-length tour, 5 ODIs (or a tri-series) and 5 Tests.

But a 5-Test-series is something special, even more so these days. Not just to be flung out lightly.

India-Pakistan, England-South Africa, England-Australia, that's it at the moment. Nothing else really screams "give me 5!" South Africa and Australia, of course, have traditionally played a 6-Test home-and-away series every 4 years as opposed to the normal pattern with all other countries.

Two Tests eh? What a waste of time
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Two Tests eh? What a waste of time
    Don't agree that its a waste of time, but yeah its a bit stupid not to have at least three Tests. Still, some Test cricket is better than none.

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information