• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A in Pakistan

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Understand that Bailey and Cullen are already in the side, but one would think Aaron Heal should be in the mix. And what about some Tassie bowlers? Or Edmonson or Magoffin?

Julian87

State Captain
Basically thats the best Australia has outside the national team players. The real sad fact is that Harwood (33) and Noffke (30) are still considered at Australia A options.

Harwood is horrible but Noffke is coming good with age. You're right about there being no real up and coming seamers though besides Hilfenhaus. It is quite obvious when the likes of Dorey have played international cricket fairly recently.

pup11

International Coach
I think likes of George Bailey, Edmonson and McDonald should have been selected.
But as far as i am concerned Australia are using this series for testing and grooming the rookies like the Cullen duo, White,Voges,Hopes,Ronchi and Butterworth.
But i think M.Henriques should have been selected for this tour would have a good learning curve for him.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think likes of George Bailey, Edmonson and McDonald should have been selected.
But as far as i am concerned Australia are using this series for testing and grooming the rookies like the Cullen duo, White,Voges,Hopes,Ronchi and Butterworth.
But i think M.Henriques should have been selected for this tour would have a good learning curve for him.
Isn't Henriques still injured?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I think McDonald was one of the ones that pulled out thro injury... though I may be wrong.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd like to see Henriques play for NSW consistently before being thrown in to a tour like this TBH. On Edmondson, I rate him very highly as a test prospect, but he's simply not a very good one day bowler at all.

pup11

International Coach
I think the bull-headed approach of Australian selectors in case of Gillespie really makes me angry, i mean they find the likes of Clark(31), Harwood(33) and even Lee(31) for that matter fit and young enough to play odi cricket but in case of Gillespie they handle him as if he is the worst bowler on earth, they consider him old when he is only 32.
Didn't McGrath play odi cricket for Oz till 37.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Harwood is horrible but Noffke is coming good with age. You're right about there being no real up and coming seamers though besides Hilfenhaus. It is quite obvious when the likes of Dorey have played international cricket fairly recently.
Hmm I think Harwood is decent but not upto international standard and never will be, good FC bowler though, a couple of important people are very impressed with him thats the only reason he gets the oppurtunities he does.
And on the contrary I think Noffke has gotten worse with age, to me he really looked the goods in about 2002/03 and 03/04...but nowdays I dont think he'd do himself awfully proud at international level.

There are several capable seamers around, Adam Griffith from Tasmania, barely ever gets a mention but he'd do a good job. Ben Edmonson is one of those bowlers who always looks like he's on top and nobody ever looks comfortable against him, yet he still manages to end up with crap figures on a pretty regular basis, but theres definately potential.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I think the bull-headed approach of Australian selectors in case of Gillespie really makes me angry, i mean they find the likes of Clark(31), Harwood(33) and even Lee(31) for that matter fit and young enough to play odi cricket but in case of Gillespie they handle him as if he is the worst bowler on earth, they consider him old when he is only 32.
Didn't McGrath play odi cricket for Oz till 37.
The main thing about Guseppi is that he has the body of a 40-year old. He's said himself that it requires a lot more work to keep him fit, he stretches a lot more than most other players for a start.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was orginally included.
Correct, McDonald was orignially in the squad before his injury, replaced by Luke Butterworth.

That's just plain ignorance. Either you know a lot about cricket and that's just a silly comment, or you don't know much in which case - you don't need to say anything. Dorey was selected on the premise of an amazing season with WA, and if you've seen footage of him playing then for WA, you'd know why. Fantastic L&L with steepling bounce and good movement.

Johnson, Tait, Griffiths, Edmonson, Magoffin, Drew, Geeves and Henriques. Not bad I don't think.

pup11

International Coach
Well... lets look at the brighter side of things Australia A were only able to take 2 wickets in the previous match but they took one more wicket this time around so thats a good improvement.