• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Awards for 13 - 19 August

adharcric

International Coach
Eh, I just don't get it - no-one said so much as a thing in this instance, why do I get singled-out? It wasn't actually even deliberate - as I've said many times, I struggle to even think of Gelman as "pasag" TBH, and whenever I read "pasag" it basically registers as "Zac Gelman" in my mind. That's why I typed what I typed in this thread pre-editing. I don't get why it wasn't even mentioned when Sean - I presume - made a similar slip-up.
You can ask pasag why he noticed this time and not that time. Your tendency to address posters by their real names has been offensive to some in the past and these awards are for all of CW, not just the old-timers who know everyone by name. Just to avoid controversy and confusion, can you stick to forum names? Don't really have an issue with it myself but I can see why others might. The weekly awards thread has been the center of heated debate for the wrong reasons very often lately - let's make sure that doesn't happen again.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just to avoid controversy and confusion, can you stick to forum names?
As I said the first time this issue came-up relating to Awards, I take care to do so when posting Awards, however on this occasion one slipped through the net, for reasons I explained in my previous post. I really don't think one simple mistake deserves this crucifixion I've received so far.

adharcric

International Coach
That's fine. This is the first time I've talked to you about this IIRC. Did my two posts sound like crucifixion to you?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Perhaps I've allowed the previous case's ridiculous overreactions from several parties to cloud the issue here. You, and Gelman TBH, seemed to be making more of it than should have been made. Crucify is perhaps a bit OTT on my part nonetheless. You were not to know, of course, that I was not once more being obstinate with this issue and had rather simply made a small error.

I think you've been involved in discussions of this issue several times with me, most notably when you said "you don't really need to publicise my name that much do you?"

adharcric

International Coach
Richard said:
Perhaps I've allowed the previous case's ridiculous overreactions from several parties to cloud the issue here. You, and Gelman TBH, seemed to be making more of it than should have been made. Crucify is perhaps a bit OTT on my part nonetheless. You were not to know, of course, that I was not once more being obstinate with this issue and had rather simply made a small error.
I realize that you made a mistake - not a big deal. You get my point.
Richard said:
I think you've been involved in discussions of this issue several times with me, most notably when you said "you don't really need to publicise my name that much do you?"
Well yes, I was amused more than anything else. Didn't take offense or condemn you.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
As I said the first time this issue came-up relating to Awards, I take care to do so when posting Awards, however on this occasion one slipped through the net, for reasons I explained in my previous post. I really don't think one simple mistake deserves this crucifixion I've received so far.

Lol, I thought you made a mistake and I fixed it up. Overreaction surely? If you could point out how you have been unfairly treated from the seven words I've written on the matter, informing you of the edit, it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers for the award, I've changed it to my username though.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
FWIW I'd prefer you used usernames Rich, purely because when you use real names a lot of the time I have no idea who you're talking about. I'm not friendly enough with other members outside this forum to know real names.

Which may or may not say more about me than anything else... :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lol, I thought you made a mistake and I fixed it up. Overreaction surely? If you could point out how you have been unfairly treated from the seven words I've written on the matter, informing you of the edit, it'd be much appreciated.
Eh, as I say, I've probably taken stuff from what was said last time and added it to this case (and you were, without in any way being harsh, one of my more vocal critics on said occasion). Meaning I've probably been over-defensive towards yourself and Akhil. Apologies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FWIW I'd prefer you used usernames Rich, purely because when you use real names a lot of the time I have no idea who you're talking about. I'm not friendly enough with other members outside this forum to know real names.

Which may or may not say more about me than anything else... :ph34r:
Says you should get more friendly with some of us. :)

Nah, seriously, if that's not an option (and it's a shame if it isn't TBH, 'cos I know we'd all like to) I can send you a comprehensive guide to CW names. :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So you're, um, actually seriously Heath Davis? :unsure:

How did you do all this travelling in your younger days if you were on a cricket field then? :mellow: