• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian 15 announced

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
Sourav Ganguly (captain)
Rahul Dravid
Virender Sehwag
Sachin Tendulkar
Anil Kumble
Harbhajan Singh
Javagal Srinath
Zaheer Khan
Ashish Nehra
Dinesh Mongia
Parthiv Patel
Sanjay Bangar
Ajit Agarkar
Yuvraj Singh
Mohammad Kaif

Suprisingly there is no place for Laxman.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
That's a big surprise, but a decision I for one applaud.

Kumble's experience was always going to pull him through, although I wouldn't expect him to start.

And of course AA has made it - how bad would the World Cup have been without him?!

V Reddy

International Debutant
Just as Dasgupta said in an interview in wisden that if you can catch the interest of Ganguly then he will do anything for you. I think Agarkar is garunteed a place in the squad till Sachin and Saurav are there. That means he could play another world cup.

masterblaster

International Captain
Thank god Prasad didnt make it into the squad!!!
I would've like to have seen Irfan Pathan in the squad, but never mind!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Surely taking one so untested would've been too great a risk though MB?

First and foremost they're going there to try to win!

Orin

School Boy/Girl Captain
Its a shocker that they did not select Laxman for the World Cup in South Africa 2003. Has I said before most players are suprised of getting dropped from the team after cementing their place in both Test and ODIS