Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who is most Stylish Batsman?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ricky Ponting

    11 31.43%
  • Kevin Pieterson

    12 34.29%
  • Mudammad Yousuf

    6 17.14%
  • Mahela Jayawardne

    6 17.14%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 167

Thread: Most boring & the most Stylish Batsman

  1. #16
    Hall of Fame Member TT Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    17,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    You're right, Ganga is dire to watch
    Good job he doesnít hang around long off to bore the pants of anyone.

  2. #17
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Yeah, Shahid Afridi is real boring
    He is, I find batsmen whose most common innings is slogging one straight up virtually the minute you come to the crease incredibly boring myself. Might as well not even bother walking out.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  3. #18
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by allout View Post
    Most boring & the most Stylish Batsman
    That's a very, very strange question, TBH, stylish batsmen can be boring and vice-versa. These two things are not polar opposites and do not even slide on the same scale.

    Most ugly and most stylish or most boring and most entertaining batsmen would be better questions.

  4. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    He is, I find batsmen whose most common innings is slogging one straight up virtually the minute you come to the crease incredibly boring myself. Might as well not even bother walking out.
    Yeah but you're a dryballs pommy dork


  5. #20
    Hall of Fame Member TT Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    17,507
    I donít think KP is very stylish, he has a formula of success which isnít that particularly easy on the eye and his offside game much like Haydenís and captain Smithís isnít attractive but merely affective.

  6. #21
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Runner-Up of \_/ Tournament 2019
    Posts
    43,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Yeah but you're a dryballs pommy dork
    (The sound of one man clapping is heard from afar)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

  7. #22
    State Vice-Captain gettingbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Down By The River
    Posts
    1,484
    1) - Well I think Rahul Dravid and Jacques Kallis both are the most boring batsman
    becasue they hardly hit big shots.
    These two can score as fast as most playing international cricket (when the time calss for it).

  8. #23
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Yeah but you're a dryballs pommy dork
    Even if it were true, it'd hardly matter, though, would it?

  9. #24
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Runner-Up of \_/ Tournament 2019
    Posts
    43,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Even if it were true, it'd hardly matter, though, would it?
    I'm certain he was kidding. But don't you feel that a heart racing mis hit as Afridi charges down the pitch for his first delivery is more exciting than a Kallis perfectly timed block? It might not be good cricket but it is what in my opinion is more likely to get the heart racing.

  10. #25
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Posts
    40,722
    Boring=Ganga

    Stylish-Stephen Fleming (yeah I'm biased, sue me)

    Funny-Chris Martin

    Infuriating for bowlers-Mark Richardson. He just wouldn't touch width and when they strayed too straight or legside he'd pick them off. So funy to watch the bowlers grumble al the way back to their mark as Richardson moves on to 8* from 108.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  11. #26
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    I'm certain he was kidding. But don't you feel that a heart racing mis hit as Afridi charges down the pitch for his first delivery is more exciting than a Kallis perfectly timed block? It might not be good cricket but it is what in my opinion is more likely to get the heart racing.
    It's obvious he was kidding, yeah, but nonetheless, no, I don't have the heart-rate racing in said circumstances, just a "oh, here we go again, time to throw the wicket away again", which is no different to a Kallis block.

  12. #27
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Posts
    40,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It's obvious he was kidding, yeah, but nonetheless, no, I don't have the heart-rate racing in said circumstances, just a "oh, here we go again, time to throw the wicket away again", which is no different to a Kallis block.
    Except Kallis doesn't throw his wicket away with the block.

  13. #28
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Runner-Up of \_/ Tournament 2019
    Posts
    43,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It's obvious he was kidding, yeah, but nonetheless, no, I don't have the heart-rate racing in said circumstances, just a "oh, here we go again, time to throw the wicket away again", which is no different to a Kallis block.
    I think a wicket being taken can be brilliant stuff. Balls flying around at great speeeds gets the blood pumping a bit more than a ball rolling slowly back up the pitch eh?

    Whether it hits the wicket, the boundary or is caught by a player its interesting, changes the outcome of the match.

  14. #29
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Runner-Up of \_/ Tournament 2019
    Posts
    43,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Infuriating for bowlers-Mark Richardson. He just wouldn't touch width and when they strayed too straight or legside he'd pick them off. So funy to watch the bowlers grumble al the way back to their mark as Richardson moves on to 8* from 108.
    Sorely missed to be honest, imagine if he were still around. Bracewell wouldve had him in the 20/20 world cup, I set my watch and warrant on it.

  15. #30
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Posts
    40,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Sorely missed to be honest, imagine if he were still around. Bracewell wouldve had him in the 20/20 world cup, I set my watch and warrant on it.
    Yeah coming in at no.6 to take advantage of the death overs.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. my team
    By bugssy in forum Battrick
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 18-04-2007, 07:00 AM
  2. CW Annual Awards - Afridi
    By adharcric in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 06:44 PM
  3. Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick
    By DJellett in forum Battrick
    Replies: 10623
    Last Post: 17-10-2006, 01:20 PM
  4. Most boring batsman in the world
    By Shabash Tapash in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 01-10-2006, 02:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •