• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Here we go again.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Will somebody please lock Steve Harmison up between matches - he seems to want Tufnell as our left arm spinner!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Although Blackwell wasn't seriously injured, I hear that Hollioake may get a game in his place. Can't wait!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
He won't because then the England team will have to keep picking him if he does well...and they never seem to want to give him the chance any more, because they might be proved wrong. This has been a problem for him during most of his Test Career.

Andre

International Regular
Originally posted by chris.hinton
i think that Phil Tufnell should be our spinner
Why not pick Jim Laker? Just about as much chance of that happening anyway.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IMO Phil Tuffnell is past it and England should be looking to the future. Last year's Ashes recall was full testament to that.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He's got too many attitude problems, and also we're talking One Day games here, he doesn't even make the Middlesex side!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by marc71178
He's got too many attitude problems, and also we're talking One Day games here, he doesn't even make the Middlesex side!
Attitude problems? Where's the proof of that? It's something which has been leveled against him for ages and I've heard a lot of people in high places say he's cleaned up his act. Anyway if you want someone with a difficult personality then look no further than Caddick...and he's still playing...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Attitude problems? Where's the proof of that? It's something which has been leveled against him for ages and I've heard a lot of people in high places say he's cleaned up his act. Anyway if you want someone with a difficult personality then look no further than Caddick...and he's still playing...

Please tell me this is another of your joking posts...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
No I'm not joking, I just haven't seen anything to suggest he's trouble any more, no headlines, nothing! Also Tufnell was our most talented spinner by far in the 90s and I've allways belived that a player should be picked on ability rather than other reasons. He may be past it now but he's still effective in the CC, for that I am glad. :)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I didn't hear about it and I followed Middlesex quite closly last season...

jaspalsinghrana

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Poor Blackwell, all he was doing during the practice session was calling Harmison name, Harmison misunderstood it as "Harm Me Son" and did what he thought was being told to do:(