• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** Netherlands in Canada ***

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Available, but dropped apparently.

I suppose if Ten Doeschate isn't going to be playing for Holland, they sort of cancel each other out.
A mistake from the Canadian selectors I feel, John Davison has the ability to tear apart attacks as well as being a fairly tidy bowler. Their reasoning of looking to the future is a fair one though, Davison is 37 and doesn't have too many years left in him. Ryan ten Doeshcate is a much better player than John Davison, but where did you hear he wasn't going to be playing?

stumpski

International Captain
I just went on Kweek's comment earlier in the thread:

yup dutchies will win it, even if RTD won't be there

FWIW I think Essex ought to release him, but it wouldn't surprise me if they don't.

I agree, it's a mistake by Canada's selectors. Australia can afford to leave out Gilchrist, say, and it won't hurt them too much - but the Canucks don't have the same strength that they can afford to leave out their best player.

Last edited:

Perm

I just went on Kweek's comment earlier in the thread:

FWIW I think Essex ought to release him, but it wouldn't surprise me if they don't.

I agree, it's a mistake by Canada's selectors. Australia can afford to leave out Gilchrist, say, and it won't hurt them too much - but the Canucks don't have the same strength that they can afford to leave out their best player.
I haven't heard anything official yet, so I assume that ten Doeschate will be available for this series.

Australia would still be hurt quite badly by leaving out Adam Gilchrist, but as you say the Canadians have left out their best player and I don't think it will be of much benefit to them.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Just fyi...

Netherlands squad

Jeroen Smits (HCC, captain) RHB/WK
Peter Borren (VRA) LHB/LM
Mudassar Bukhari (VVV) RHB/RM - debut
Atse Buurman (Voorburg) RHB/WK - debut
Tom de Grooth (HCC) RHB/occasional OB
Mark Jonkman (HCC) RHB/RFM
Alexei Kervezee (Worcestershire) RHB
Mangesh Panchal (VRA) RHB/LB - debut, 33 yo businessman
Adeel Raja (VRA) RHB/OB
Darron Reekers (Quick Haag) RHB/RM - only ODIs
Edgar Schiferli (Quick Haag) RHB/RMF
Billy Stelling (HBS) RHB/RFM - only ODIs
Eric Szwarczynski (VRA) RHB

Hopefully Jonkman will step up now that ten Doeschate isn't around to take 16 wickets.

Perm

Essex should really have released ten Doeschate to play in this series, he would be better off playing three ODI matches against Canada than the five Twenty20 games he will be playing while the Netherlands are abroad. I'm delighted to read that Kervezee has been released by Worcestershire, hopefully we start to see some glimpses of his talent.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Just fyi...

Netherlands squad

Jeroen Smits (HCC, captain) RHB/WK
Peter Borren (VRA) LHB/LM
Mudassar Bukhari (VVV) RHB/RM - debut
Atse Buurman (Voorburg) RHB/WK - debut
Tom de Grooth (HCC) RHB/occasional OB
Mark Jonkman (HCC) RHB/RFM
Alexei Kervezee (Worcestershire) RHB
Mangesh Panchal (VRA) RHB/LB - debut, 33 yo businessman
Adeel Raja (VRA) RHB/OB
Darron Reekers (Quick Haag) RHB/RM - only ODIs
Edgar Schiferli (Quick Haag) RHB/RMF
Billy Stelling (HBS) RHB/RFM - only ODIs
Eric Szwarczynski (VRA) RHB

Hopefully Jonkman will step up now that ten Doeschate isn't around to take 16 wickets.
SV, do you know why Mohammed Kashif isn't in the squad?.

Steulen

International Regular
Doesn't detouschate have to be released for international games,especially one dayers.
For ODI's yes, not for other games IIRC.

But even then, it's Ten Doeschate taking the risk that in his absence another Essex squadmember steps in and secures his spot. Therefore he might just decline the invitation.

I do believe RTD will be available to make the Windies grovel later this summer :ph34r:

Perm

Doesn't detouschate have to be released for international games,especially one dayers.
I'm not too sure, but as Steulen said it was probably ten Doeschate's own decision to stay with Essex. He hasn't been in great form over the season and if he left for a few games then a new talent may well be unearthed and he could lose his spot in the starting XI.

Stapel

International Regular
So, after a tough 4-day first class match, the Dutch showed they're up to something. Good to see we can actually beat the Canadians in this two-innings match, whiel being under quite some pressure!

Now the ODI's. A totally different game, but it's my opinion us Dutchies should be able to lead the non-test brigade. During the WC, Ireland stole the show, while the Dutch had to fight the #1 and #2 ODI teams in the world. The 8 wicket win over Scotland showed what was possible!

The ODI series in Canada and the ODI-tourney with Ireland, Scotland and the Windies should tell us where the Dutch really are!

Well, Dutch are 35/0 after 7 overs. Looking good!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
So, after a tough 4-day first class match, the Dutch showed they're up to something. Good to see we can actually beat the Canadians in this two-innings match, whiel being under quite some pressure!

Now the ODI's. A totally different game, but it's my opinion us Dutchies should be able to lead the non-test brigade. During the WC, Ireland stole the show, while the Dutch had to fight the #1 and #2 ODI teams in the world. The 8 wicket win over Scotland showed what was possible!

The ODI series in Canada and the ODI-tourney with Ireland, Scotland and the Windies should tell us where the Dutch really are!

Well, Dutch are 35/0 after 7 overs. Looking good!
Hi Fiat-lover. :)

186 for five a few minutes ago. Hopefully Borren and Buurman can flay Osinde.

Stapel

International Regular
Indeed; I was a regular of the Civfanatics sports talk forum back in the day. Logged off there about 3.5 years ago, but still remember the Fiat coupe. :)
Well, I'm indeed the same Stapel! Though I'm not much on CFC either these days.

Oh, Borren has 85 from 63 now!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
another dutchy...wohooo!

holland virtually whitewashing Canada, and even with a 2nd rate team we still flog them :D
good :)

hey Stapel do you play cricket in the Netherlands then?

Perm

Second ODI washed out, disappointed for both sides. Netherlands take the series 1-0.

Stapel

International Regular
another dutchy...wohooo!

holland virtually whitewashing Canada, and even with a 2nd rate team we still flog them :D
good :)

hey Stapel do you play cricket in the Netherlands then?
Zami at Groen-Geel. I've played at VCC (I suppose you play there) twice this season.