• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
he got hit around a bit, but looked ok, getting out gilly must have been a huge thrill for him.

Eclipse

International Debutant
How good was Ponting In the early stages.

That second six looked like nothing nore than an extended Deffensive shot.

MrPerko

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nah, she'll be right mate... :)

Warney will be back for the World Cup. The Aussie physio didn't look that concerned in the post-match interview. I'd say he'll be back just in time for the World Cup (6 weeks or so).

Andre

International Regular
2 points there:
1. A physio must have a calm nature, so you can't read into that.
2. He said initially 4-6 weeks, but thats very early, and with warnies history, it will take a miracle to get there, although I wish he will be there

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
they have to take macgill regardless if warne goes or not, they just cant risk taking warne as the only spinner if he does get fit

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hussain just said this in the Reaction of the ODI on Cricinfo: "We've got to try to have a new mentality. We can't take any baggage into a series against Sri Lanka. You've got to remember we'll still have a young bowling attack and they will be tested against the likes of Jayasuriya, Atapattu and Jayawardene. It's going to be a battle."

Doesn't he know Jayasuriya is out of the series?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Andre
Erm, call me stupid, but since when was Jayasuriya out of the series?
Well he got injured a little while ago and I was told he was out of the VB Series due to that injury...but he's recovered faster than expected...odd.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Warne's injury serious enough for Hampshire, who he is set to play for and captain next year, needing to get a replacement? If so, it's really thrown a spanner in the works for Hampshire...

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
The world Cup is in doubt for him, only doubt though, I am sure the Aussies would want to see him fly to SA. Anything could happen. As for now ur batsmen have just found soem respite ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well actually Warne averages 18 against England or something, and he averaged 24 in the 3 Tests played so far this winter, so not quite as much of a respite as you might think ;)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Jayasuria is playing, he playe against Aus A the other day and did a fair bit of bowling so i assume hes fit

Warne will probably not play for Hamps next year if his injury increases the chance that he will re-injure it, or it will 'wear out faster' because im sure he sees it as more important to play test cricket, and he would also like to have the record for most test wickets for a while

Andre

International Regular
I'd say the ACB will not let Warne go and play county cricket following this latest injury. That, Rik, is a certainly.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Andre
I'd say the ACB will not let Warne go and play county cricket following this latest injury. That, Rik, is a certainly.
Guessed so...oh well that's a bugger for Hampshire...I was going to drive down there to see him play...so who to replace him? McGill is taken...and Aus might need him for Tests so he might not be able to play too many games for Notts...White hasn't done enough yet.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Why did England play 2 matches in a row against Australia and now 2 in a row against Sri Lanka? I thought it was the common practise to rotate the opponents around...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yeah it happens, its just the way it works out in the draw with them having Sri Lanka arrive well after england and giving them a few practice games andwanting to play the aussie games on weekends cause they get bigger crowds and higher TV ratings

jaspalsinghrana

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Originally posted by Rik
Why did England play 2 matches in a row against Australia and now 2 in a row against Sri Lanka? I thought it was the common practise to rotate the opponents around...
I think the cruel Aussies wanted to be sure that England maintain their losing record to 13 in a row.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by jaspalsinghrana
Originally posted by Rik
I think the cruel Aussies wanted to be sure that England maintain their losing record to 13 in a row.
EEEEEEVVVVVVVIIIIIILLLLLL :baddevil: Just like Glenn here (to your left) :lol: