• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funny Shoaib

FRAZ

International Captain
Dude, come on. :) You know that Gelman wasn't "getting against you", he, like most of us, is a fully-paid-up FRAZ Fan Club member.

It'd mean a lot to me (and several others, Gelman included), really, if you could make a bit of an effort to get on better with Fusion. He's one of the nicest guys on this place (as are you when you want to be) and you two fighting is something I hate to see.
Jeez I was !!!!!! forget it !!! Means its not like Gels was going against me but he was going against the statement of Shoaib which I backed up !!!!
Jeeeeeessssuss ! I wanna discuss and forget it !!!!!

FRAZ

International Captain
Dude, Pasag's statement was against Shoaib, not you. Therefore me applauding that statement is a dig against Shoaib, not you. Unless you actually feel that any negative comment on Shoaib is a direct insult on you...in which case I'm sorry I thought bad things about you/Shoaib.
You once said that Asif is a naive kid and I have proved it to you that he is not and so on so forth .... He is quite attached to Deedar (notorious stage actress) and for you it should be a naive thing and you are using psychological tactics and lawerishly you want me to lose my mind and spill some thing which may go against me in this case !!!

Xuhaib

International Coach
You once said that Asif is a naive kid and I have proved it to you that he is not and so on so forth .... He is quite attached to Deedar (notorious stage actress) and for you it should be a naive thing and you are using psychological tactics and lawerishly you want me to lose my mind and spill some thing which may go against me in this case !!!
Going after a cheap Pakistani stage actress is the biggest proof of his naveity.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fraz, you are wierd man, I can understand the meaning of all the words you use in your posts, yet cant figure out what you are trying to say.

And your avtaar makes it even worse. ;)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I guess you meant wired or weired . What was so difficult for you to understand?
In case ! I do private tutoring too !!!!
Neither :p I meant - weird .

As for your private tutoring offer - keep that Farz Jrs. ;)

shortpitched713

International Captain
Loads of garbage I see on this stupid masala channel Ajtak .. Absolutely fairytalish channels and Geo Pakistani is not that far behind now ,but seriously I always hated this media stupidity from the both sides . Bunch of money mongers and retards who are damaging the south Asian values by putting loads of rubbish on tv . WTF .... In the name of freedom of speech they are molesting the tender minds !!!
You are right anyway !!!
Is it just me or are some of FRAZ's posts starting to kind of make a little bit of sense? :blink:

shortpitched713

International Captain
Tin foil hats anyone?

Xuhaib

International Coach
http://thenews.jang.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=63070

The following are excerpts
Q You’re always making headlines — good or bad...
A (Laughs) That’s because the media loves me... As you can see, I’ve lost some hair and my stubble is no longer all black... The controversies have affected me... I’ve had to struggle to beat the odds... I’ve felt the strain, yes.
But, surely, you’ve helped script the controversies. Why?
I don’t want to be controversial... Things have happened, but I’m not going to blame others. Believe me, every controversy has made me a better person... A stronger character...
Even the two-year ban, which got lifted, for testing positive?
Yeah... That (October-November last year) was the worst period... My own countrymen shunned me, with some even refusing to look at me... It was a terrible period... Everybody’s body mechanism isn’t the same and certain levels are higher in my body compared to others... My hormone level fluctuates... I didn’t take drugs to enhance my performance... I don’t need to... I don’t know why I was treated so badly... The test, after all, didn’t show that I was an evil person... That I was bad for society... Sadly, people don’t try to understand me. I’ve always been misunderstood... I’ve never seen myself bigger than the game.
Is there a secret behind your mental toughness?
No... God never gives more pain than what you’re able to tolerate... Whatever the controversy, after the initial disappointment and anguish, I’ve always steeled myself and fought back... The first step is hard, after that it’s easy... As a kid, I would boast about becoming a star... I didn’t know how, but I never gave the impression of not knowing... I stuck to my belief and the doors opened.
You have a debonair image...
It has been created by the media... Yes, I’m not married and love partying and so on, but why should that be an issue if I perform on the field? Performance counts, not one’s image. Main koi baccha nahin hoon, but I accept there are things I could have done differently.
Are you suggesting cricket is a 9 am to 5 pm job?
Absolutely... Just change the timings for the day-night games! I must be judged for what I do in that period. After that, well, I should have the freedom to do what I want. I’m not immature to get into things which will affect my career.
Long before the doping controversy, your action was deemed suspect...
Yes... Even that was a terrible period and it really hurt me... The first time (1999-2000) was awful... I’m always going to be thankful to Mr (Jagmohan) Dalmiya, the ICC president at that point in time, for his support... But, as I’ve said, every controversy has made me a better and a stronger person... For a while, I may have felt gutted, but the controversies haven’t killed my josh and the desire to play for Pakistan.
Strangely, you were reluctant to bowl in the second innings of the 2003-04 Rawalpindi Test against India...
That’s because I’d fractured a rib... I could bat because the injury wasn’t a factor while batting... I didn’t have to use my ribs for the big hits. It’s only in Pakistan that fast bowlers are accused of faking injuries.
You didn’t have a great relationship with Inzamam-ul Haq. Did you have a problem?
I’ve never had a problem with anybody... Others have had problems with me... Some have this tendency to get jealous... They get insecure... I’m not jealous about anybody or anything... Look, I’m most happy when (Mohammed) Asif does well... I’m happy when a Brett Lee or a Shane Bond turns in a fiery performance... I’ve never felt insecure... Actually, whoever the captain, has to understand the psyche of a fast bowler.
Was Inzamam an insecure captain?
I’ll not talk of individuals... But, yes, I was devastated when I wasn’t picked for the West Indies after the 2004-05 tour of India. Pakistan drew the Test series and won the ODIs... The message I got was that I wasn’t required, that the team could win without me. It hurt.
Does Inzamam have a future?
Whether one likes him or not, Inzy is Pakistan’s greatest batsman and must get a farewell (Test) series... He shouldn’t go out like this... I’m going to be happy if the Pakistan Cricket Board gives him the chance... It’s time somebody set a precedent.
You had, it appears, fundamental differences with Bob Woolmer...
It took me a year to understand Bob... It probably took him quite a bit of time to understand me as well... It took him time to realise that match-winners are rare and they need to be looked after... We did have differences, but I didn’t misbehave... However, I admit to a big argument with him in South Africa (earlier this year), when he suspected I was faking a hamstring injury. I exploded, for he had no business doubting my integrity and nationalism... The next day, Bob apologised as he’d been misinformed about my injury... (After a pause) His death left me stunned... What’s worse is that his body remained in Kingston for weeks and weeks... Such indignity...
How much of a difference does a coach make at the highest level?
Very little... The newcomers need a coach, that’s it. Collectively, the team needs somebody to liaise with the board. That's needed as there often are many changes (within the Pakistan Cricket Board).
Does Shoaib Malik, the new captain, have your support?
Of course... He doesn’t speak too much and I’m confident he’ll do well... Even the new vice-captain, Salman (Butt), has my support... Didn’t you see us go out to the City Centre? I’m not jealous that X is the captain or Y is the vice-captain... I’m ambitious, but the ambitions centre around my trade... Today, I’m working towards bowling in excess of 100 mph... Obsession or not, I’m going to achieve it.
You weren’t fit for the last World Cup, but could you have made a difference?
Absolutely... I’d recovered from the hamstring problem, but my left knee began to play up.
There were whispers that the ICC could have targeted you...
They could have, but wouldn’t that have been a violation of human rights? Targeting somebody for dope tests...
You don’t like batsmen...
I don’t... When I come charging in, the one thought is to **** them... I like being aggressive and don’t like batsmen who keep improving their average by batting against mediocre attacks on flat wickets... It’s a pity that there are so few genuinely quick bowlers... Batting has definitely become easy and ridiculous rules such as a free hit (in ODIs) after a foot-fault no ball are absurd... For God’s sake, don’t discourage fast bowlers. Nowadays, the big totals are thanks to a decline in the quality of bowling, not because of an improvement in batsmanship.
The newer fast bowlers in Pakistan are good, but not great. Is there a reason?
Because they haven’t had somebody to idolise... There’s no Imran Khan or Wasim Akram or Waqar Younis...
How about you?
But I keep getting pulled down... Keep being made a scapegoat... I’m treated like somebody on whom all the filth can be dumped... Mere upar hi sab ata hai... Unless the youngsters find somebody to idolise, be it a batsman or a bowler, cricket in Pakistan may die in five years. Some years ago, we would be mobbed at airports and traffic signals... Now, that’s not the case. Cricket isn’t a craze and, among other things, the system needs to be looked at.
Has faith come to be an issue within the team?
Nothing must be imposed... Faith is a personal thing, it’s between an individual and Allah... We’ve got to be true Muslims, yes, but nothing should be thrust on somebody... People don’t have to be told what to do... At the end of the day, I’m wholly answerable to Allah, not somebody on earth. Really, the bottomline is that I’ve got to be honest, which I am.
Are you more up for it when the Sachin Tendulkars are in the opposition?
No... The opposition doesn’t matter... Sachin’s a good batsman and a humble person... At the same time, I haven’t forgotten he once called me a ‘chucker’... I had to restrain myself... (Virender) Sehwag said the same thing and, today, he’s been chucked out of the team!The final one: Isn’t there parental pressure to get married?
That’s the wish of every parent... I don’t want to settle down because I won’t be able to give quality time to my wife... For now, cricket is my priority.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:laugh: :laugh: Sehwag part was classic.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haven't read all of that yet but even just a few lines is enough to say...

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. :(

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Shoaib drama queen Akhtar could learn a lot from some one like Ganguly and shut up for his own good.