• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

where can you buy duke cricket balls?

qwertyjjj

Cricket Spectator
I haven't seen any anywhere.
Lots of Kookaburra though...

Want to try out a good quality ball.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We usually use Readers in our league, a Duke is a precious commodity when I can get my hands on it.

I can swing both of them, but the Duke generally feels better coming out of the hand, and usually keeps slightly better, too.

pasag

RTDAS
I haven't seen any anywhere.
Lots of Kookaburra though...

Want to try out a good quality ball.
Where are you? If you're in Australia, Greg Chappell Cricket Centre might have it, although I'm not sure about that at all. I'm sure there are some English online cricket stores around that will send overseas if you look on google.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, if you're in Australia, I've never seen Dukes about.

If you are getting a Kookaburra, don't get a Senator if you want a good quality ball. Regulation are the go. Beyond that (Turf, which are the first class balls) is pretty expensive just for a cricket ball.

qwertyjjj

Cricket Spectator
Am in England! :ph34r:

Is the main difference in quality just the roundness and durability ?
Not sure I've ever used a £20+ cricket ball before !

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The difference tends to be in the ability for the ball to hold its shape, and often the "shine". Also, as you get into the higher grade balls, the seams get progressively smaller.

PrimaryClub

Cricket Spectator
This was 4 years back mate :)
And it's as true today as it was then. In the meantime, at least some English bowlers have learned to bowl with a Kookaburra, whilst Australia's bowlers (or those called Tait and Mitchell, anyway) have either forgotten how to bowl with anything or retired. :laugh:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
. In the meantime, at least some English bowlers have learned to bowl with a Kookaburra, whilst Australia's bowlers (or those called Tait and Mitchell, anyway) have either forgotten how to bowl with anything or retired. :laugh:
:laugh:, most irrelavent post that I've seen on here in a while. How did you even find this thread?