• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Incompetent XI

Xuhaib

International Coach
Without a given criteria though, you could name Rawl Lewis, for example, forevermore. Threads liker this should really outline the qualification criteria in the first post. Played a test in the last year? In their team's first choice XI? In their team's first choice touring squad? It's all too subjective as it is.
hmmm...lets just say players who are currently in the mix though lack of decent spin bowling depth in WI could mean the mighty Rawly always remains in the mix.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I believe Richard has it already?
Well some people have tried to manufacture my having it, yes, but it's all up to Blake really. I have inherited the right to veto any award, but it really would be a bit childish to do so in this case. I won't accept it the way I did the Ireland one, but I won't refuse to allow it to be posted.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope Richard gets it, although he is already trying to worm his way out of it.

Bit rough having Dhoni in an Incompetent XI as well.

cameeel

International Captain
This is for Tests though, and although Dhoni's stats there are alright, they're terrible compared to what he's done in ODIs. Especially if you take out his 148, that leaves his average at 25.36.

But G.Jones should be higher than him in consideration for this XI regardless.
And if you take out all his scores above 5, he averages only about 2.8 8-)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
hmmm...lets just say players who are currently in the mix though lack of decent spin bowling depth in WI could mean the mighty Rawly always remains in the mix.
Again though, "in the mix" is too subjective. I could theoretically claim that anyone was still in the mix providing they were still playing first class cricket.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What about the worst XI with some more interesting criteria:

1. Who have played 50 tests or more.
2. Who have played 25 tests or more in the last 15 years and do not belong to Bangladesh or Zimbabwe.

Fiery

Banned
What about the worst XI with some more interesting criteria:

1. Who have played 50 tests or more.
2. Who have played 25 tests or more in the last 15 years and do not belong to Bangladesh or Zimbabwe.
Sorry to crap on your idea but I think there was another thread that did this. Richard will find it