• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Most Criticized Player

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
i dont know who the most critisized player is

but tony greig would probably be doing the critisism

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Sunil Havascar
Nfiucwhruicuttnrwugt Hussain is pretty criticized I agree.
And I also agree with Neil, the way Fleming lost to RSA was genius, they couldnt beat South Africa anyway though...
Yep but surely it's not a good thing if the captain of a team does something like that. I mean the whole point of cricket is that it is a sport and in sport you try to win, he tried as hard as he could to loose. Surely you can see what's wrong there.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
If you had the choice to play SA or Aus in the final, who would you choose?
I'm not talking about why he did it, it's just that I feel that the fact that he did it is bad enough. Cricket is about the best side winning, not trying to fix results...like who you are going to meet in the final.

[Edited on 10/12/2002 by Rik]

masterblaster

International Captain
Just to add spice into this thread

Dean Jones
Steve Waugh (currently by some parts)
Ajit Agarkar
Sourav Ganguly (a while back)
Nasser Hussain
Alec Stewart
Graeme Hick
Andy Caddick
Brian Lara
Ashish Nehra
Tinu Yohannan
Venkatesh Prasad
Javagal Srinath
Anil Kumble (lately)
Shane Warne (used to be, for his antics)
Mark Taylor (when he was in bad form)
Devon Malcolm
Phil DeFretias
Mike Atherton (when he couldnt handle Glenn)

im sure theres more

Funny thing is most of these blokes, have been captains before.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm not talking about why he did it, it's just that I feel that the fact that he did it is bad enough. Cricket is about the best side winning, not trying to fix results...like who you are going to meet in the final.
In a way I'm glad he did it, as it showed up the stupidity of having bonus points in a 3 Nation Tournament!