• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

more important:World cup/test series? more dire ICC/BCCI?

What's more important:World cup/test series? more dire ICC/BCCI?

• Total voters

LA ICE-E

State Captain
What's more important the world cup or test series like the ashes/ind-pak/eng-wi/aus-sa, not a specific one but in general?
Also, I just read some article with the BCCI going hard at the ICC for being over professionalized etc, so here's the question is BCCI in a position to do that? (ignoring the fact they are big money)

Last edited:

shortpitched713

International Captain
What exactly is being over proffesionalized?

And no, the BCCI is in no position to be hurling accusations of incompetence etc. at anyone.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
IMO, I picked the world cup since you're competing against more teams from around the world. Test ranking because well I don't really enjoy watching tests all that much but getting to the top of the ranking's more like what they are trying to achieve instead of winning one series. 20/20 wc 'cause again it's a wc. BBCI 'cause they are like the richest board but no where close to the best and although the icc ****s up a lot, they still are getting somethings right in their development program.

well for me it goes like this(because i like watching one-day more than tests and am not a purist and never was able to watch a full test match without missing some overs.)

world cup->(20/20 world cup->)test rankings-> individual test series.

Isura

U19 Captain
Test series followed by test rankings. Winning a test series is more fun to watch than knowing that your team is top ranked. So the series is more important for the game's popularity and growth. The rankings are for the integrity of the game. Also, I dislike one-day cricket less than I used to since the introduction of the new powerplays and the general increasing in big hitting and fielding skills.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
IMO, I picked the world cup since you're competing against more teams from around the world. Test ranking because well I don't really enjoy watching tests all that much but getting to the top of the ranking's more like what they are trying to achieve instead of winning one series. 20/20 wc 'cause again it's a wc. BBCI 'cause they are like the richest board but no where close to the best and although the icc ****s up a lot, they still are getting somethings right in their development program.

well for me it goes like this(because i like watching one-day more than tests and am not a purist and never was able to watch a full test match without missing some overs.)

world cup->(20/20 world cup->)test rankings-> individual test series.
LOL 20/20 World Cup is more important to you even though there has never been one before? 8-)

LA ICE-E

State Captain
LOL 20/20 World Cup is more important to you even though there has never been one before? 8-)
that's why it's in brackets :) i don't know yet but probably will be because i look forward to watching it but if it sucks than no.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
A proper Test series is by far and away the best thing in cricket. It's not really a comparison for me. It doesn't have to be a marquee class like The Ashes or Ind-Pak. Really any Tests involving India, England or Australia are fantastic to watch for me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
One should always perceive that one's awfulness should be the way to go.

After all, one should not take that route oneself if one does not believe said route is the right one.

Sadly, not many but The BCCI believe that route to be said right one.

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
Test Cricket is cricket at its best. A great test series (no matter the teams) is simply wonderful. The drama, the excitement. It is not easy to follow (especially for someone who has just started watching cricket), but when you begin to appreciate it, IT IS WONDERFUL.
So, nothing beats a great test series.

Isura

U19 Captain
Test Cricket is cricket at its best. A great test series (no matter the teams) is simply wonderful. The drama, the excitement. It is not easy to follow (especially for someone who has just started watching cricket), but when you begin to appreciate it, IT IS WONDERFUL.
So, nothing beats a great test series.
GET OUT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE. :laugh: