Page 5 of 113 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    I hate to say it, but that sounds very intolerant.
    I fail to see how some one who understands a lot of cricket would find Dravid a boring batsman. If we take the other scenario - some one doesn't understand facets for instance. I wouldn't mind such a fan saying he likes x,y, z attractive. However, to discount a batsman like Dravid without understanding facets is uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush View Post
    It is okay to like attacking players more than defensive players or vice versa. But to think Dravid is a boring batsman or that he is boring to watch is stretching it. Dravid is not a boring batsman by any stretch of imagination. So I cannot respect your view on the same.
    we weren't talking about Dravid only. we were talking about both Dravid and Kallis.
    why did u agree that kallis is boring batsman but not Dravid? i tell u why becuase u r indian and ur bias. u can't present one reason or evidance to change my opinion about Dravid's bating becuase most of ur opinions are based on favoritism and preconception.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Haha, yau drunk Bowman?

stfu?
    pigeon whole?
    god?
    i?
    to?

You're normally good with the old grammer.
    How is stfu wrong?
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    I fail to see how some one who understands a lot of cricket would find Dravid a boring batsman. If we take the other scenario - some one doesn't understand facets for instance. I wouldn't mind such a fan saying he likes x,y, z attractive. However, to discount a batsman like Dravid without understanding facets is uncalled for.
    As I said before, it's purely opinion. I know for a fact that 90% of the members (active) on this forum, will appreciate Dravid being a class player, who is interesting to watch. However, there will still be people who have a different opinion to you, and we need to accept that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
    How is stfu wrong?
    Technically should be STFU, it's an acronym.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by haroon510 View Post
    why did u agree that kallis is boring batsman but not Dravid? i tell u why becuase u r indian and ur bias. u can't present one reason or evidance to change my opinion about Dravid's bating becuase most of ur opinions are based on favoritism and preconception.
    You've lost any respect I initally had for you there.

we weren't talking about Dravid only. we were talking about both Dravid and Kallis.why did u agree that kallis is boring batsman but not Dravid?
    Where did I say Kallis is some one whom I find boring (or not)? Read properly before posting next time, particularly if you want to attack me like you did further on in the post.

i tell u why becuase u r indian and ur bias. u can't present one reason or evidance to change my opinion about Dravid's bating becuase most of ur opinions are based on favoritism and preconception.
    Dire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Halsey View Post
    lol

You've lost any respect I initally had for you there.
    well i am telling the truth there. if u see there. i was talking about both kallies and dravid. it seams to me that he doesn't mind me calling kallies boring but minds when i call dravid boring. the fact is that they both of have similar style of bating. he is saying he has no respect for my opinion what so ever becuase i have called dravid boring while he never includes kallies in his posts.

Curveball Champion!
    well i am telling the truth there. if u see there. i was talking about both kallies and dravid. it seams to me that he doesn't mind me calling kallies boring but minds when i call dravid boring. the fact is that they both of have similar style of bating. he is saying he has no respect for my opinion what so ever becuase i have called dravid boring while he never includes kallies in his posts.
    I don't care about that. You had to bring the issue of nationalistic bias in, which blatently has nothing to do with the subject at hand. A lack of maturity on the issue.

Where did I say Kallis is some one whom I find boring (or not)? Read properly before posting next time, particularly if you want to attack me like you did further on in the post.

Dire.
    no u haven't agree but the question is why did u take out kallie's name when we were talking about both kallis and dravid. u seam to mind when i call dravid boring but not when i call kallies boring.

no u haven't agree but the question is why did u take out kallie's name when we were talking about both kallis and dravid. u seam to mind when i call dravid boring but not when i call kallies boring.
    I don't mind any thing. You can believe the sun is square shaped or whatever. I don't care regarding your opinion.

As I said before, it's purely opinion. I know for a fact that 90% of the members (active) on this forum, will appreciate Dravid being a class player, who is interesting to watch. However, there will still be people who have a different opinion to you, and we need to accept that.
    Opinion has to be based on reasoning to be not just an instinct. Given how Dravid's batting can be appreciated and enjoyed at so many different levels, it would take some strong reasoning from some one for me to say it is logical enough for me to respect his views on the same.
    Last edited by Pratters; 24-04-2007 at 02:12 PM.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    How is stfu wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Halsey View Post
    lol
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Pinball Champion!
    1) "Bopara, Essex Lad, Street Fighter as well..."

2) Saj Mahmood (Or when players we all know are inept are persevered with if they shine the coaches shoes or whatever Mahmood did)

3) Sledging, or any form of verbal abuse

4) The absolutely pointless "Mental Disintigration" that takes place before any game these days.. "I won't be having a beer with Pietersen - No, nor will I, you ****..

5) Sporting Cliche's and the fact that players are gagged from pretty much voicing any kind of view that might be interesting.. I'm fed up of reading "Yeah, we're going to target their batsman.. Our bowlers will be looking to take wickets.. "The guys are a bit disappointed" or "We're in it to win".. Oh for a personality in the game, someone who actually says something that leaves me thinking, "oh really?" ....

6) The ICC, their sterlization of the game, handling of pretty much everything, from Zimbabwe to bottles of Cola...

So yeah, pretty much all my gripes are off field issues...
    Last edited by Langeveldt; 24-04-2007 at 02:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Page 5 of 113 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread Information