• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can the VB Series be England's saviour?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
last time i checked it was a bowler (not that our number 7 will get much batting this summer:lol::lol::lol::lol:)

i make it warne or lee- both of whom have a better batting average than anyone in the english team so far this season bar maybe 1 or 2 players - and would have more runs except that they dont get that much of a chance cause the team only bats once a test match

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by jaspalsinghrana
Originally posted by Gregory Blewett
Australia vs England Final for me...
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
And what a final it will turn out to be, England will be annihilated by the Aussie team, not only in the prefinal games, but also in the final)if England ever make it to it):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Didn't say they would put up a fight, i mean the 3 tests lasted 11 days out of 15, so that would mean the best of 3 finals would last about a total of 50 overs....
:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by age_master
what??? its more likeley to happen than a 5 day test this suummer:lol::lol:
I think you'll find that 3 matches lasting a total of 50 overs would out-do even Bangladesh. Lets just wait and see what happens shall we before we start coming up with outragous claims...:D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
be realistic, the NSW and Aus A teams that england are playing this weekend - what chance do you rate England of winning

i rate them next to nothing, they rae sides that boast more talent than england has prodeced this decade

The NSW side will be Esp Strong with more test (and ODI)experience than the English test side:lol::lol::lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
be realistic, the NSW and Aus A teams that england are playing this weekend - what chance do you rate England of winning

i rate them next to nothing, they rae sides that boast more talent than england has prodeced this decade

The NSW side will be Esp Strong with more test (and ODI)experience than the English test side:lol::lol::lol:
I dunno England might win, they have the players who can change any game and the NSW team is stronger in Batting. It's a bit of a shock to come up against a state team that strong and who didn't win the cup last season, but England will try their best. And they have fit players this time. Remember you have won 2 of the 3 Tests when England have missed a bowler for basically the entire Test, not to say England would have won if they had not been injured, but they would have put up more of a fight.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rik

I dunno England might win, they have the players who can change any game and the NSW team is stronger in Batting. It's a bit of a shock to come up against a state team that strong and who didn't win the cup last season, but England will try their best. And they have fit players this time. Remember you have won 2 of the 3 Tests when England have missed a bowler for basically the entire Test, not to say England would have won if they had not been injured, but they would have put up more of a fight.
Actually NSW are the Defending ING Cup (OD) Champions, and with a bowling line-up consisting of McGrath, Lee, Bracken, and ur favourite player Rik Stuart MacGill...:P:P:P:P:P:P
Batsman such as M.Bevan, S.Waugh, M.Waugh, M.Clarke and Haddin, i think England have no chance...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think we can use injuries as an excuse anymore..if you recall NZ went through the same problem after the first test in Brisbane and still managed to play decent cricket.

jaspalsinghrana

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Originally posted by Tim
I don't think we can use injuries as an excuse anymore..if you recall NZ went through the same problem after the first test in Brisbane and still managed to play decent cricket.
I think Englishmen cannot use injuries as an excuse, i mean i cannot recall a series in recent past when atleast 3-4 English players were not injured.Englishmen should learn to live with it and should also accept that they have a very weak side.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I think England may have got there tour totally mixed up...

They seem to have played well for 1 day in each test, i hope they don't turn up to the OD series expecting a 5 day game....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

nehrafan

Banned
[Didn't say they would put up a fight, i mean the 3 tests lasted 11 days out of 15, so that would mean the best of 3 finals would last about a total of 50 overs....
Just read Naseer statement advising his players to enjoy their cricket, don't think if thats possible but am pretty sure that they are giving a good time to the Aussie team.:saint::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Originally posted by Rik
I dunno England might win, they have the players who can change any game
They have??? then where the hell are they? surely you aren't taking about the players who got pasted in the recent series?

Didn't say they would put up a fight, i mean the 3 tests lasted 11 days out of 15, so that would mean the best of 3 finals would last about a total of 50 overs....

LOL! Thats the way Englishmen plays the game, always brings a smile on your face:D:D:D:lol::lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Tim
There's a distinct difference here in that these injuries are happening in the course of the game. I still think the Jones one has caused the biggest effect on the series - he was really fired up on that first day, and had he been fit to bowl 20 overs in the day, there's no way Aus would've had such a great first day - then, the whole complexion of the series may have been slightly different. The problem was, after the first day the series was all but over.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think Englishmen cannot use injuries as an excuse, i mean i cannot recall a series in recent past when atleast 3-4 English players were not injured.Englishmen should learn to live with it and should also accept that they have a very weak side.
Just ebcause we're losing to Aus, our side is automatically very weak?

This is the same side that in the last 28 matches against sides other than the Aussies, has 12 wins and 10 draws?

Included in that time is tours of all 3 major sub-continent nations facing conditions as diverse from home conditions as is possible?

We need to stop over-reacting here - OK, Australia are hammering us, but in the form their in, can any other side realistically claim they would do any better?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by jaspalsinghrana
Originally posted by Tim
Weak enough to have won and drawn more series than lost lately?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Gregory Blewett and ur favourite player Rik Stuart MacGill...:P:P:P:P:P:P
My favorite players are Phil Tufnell, Heath Streak and Andy Flower thank you

i think England have no chance...
:D

Yes but your an Aussie, so I forgive you :lol::lol::lol: as you know not how to answer differently :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 5/12/2002 by Rik]