• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Afro-Asian Cup

Nishant

International 12th Man
First time in my life that I have two international games coming up this weekend and I have no inclination at all to try and get tickets.

I guess I have been spoilt by having watched the Aussies and Lara in recent years.
good call..i dont think its worth it...you'll have no passion for who wins or loses..who cares! if u know what i mean!

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
First time in my life that I have two international games coming up this weekend and I have no inclination at all to try and get tickets.

I guess I have been spoilt by having watched the Aussies and Lara in recent years.
In your position I would snap up a ticket and go support Asia. And hope Sehwag lasts a couple of overs. If the crowds at Bangalore was anything to go by, these matches are pretty popular, even if Africa is depleted.

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
this because in this kind of match - in all sports - individual performance comes first.
when i saw a few balls in the Asian innings - 1st ODI - i said to myself "hey, it's gonna be a smashing" and turned off. later when I read that Pollock got 130 I wished i watched that - cause i remember his bowling in the world cup.
it's all about who makes what, not about who wins. "all star game" style.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I wish they would give Tikolo a chance to Captain Africa, That would be a great respect to the guy who has contributed so much to Kenyan Cricket . I am amused that Kemp is Africa's Captain ahead of Boucher or Tikolo.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wasn't too sure actually mate, given that his other post hasn't been anything like what he usually posts. It is almost complimentary to the English bowlers, if you could interpret it as that.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Fernando in for Mortaza for today's match...any thoughts? Are u bothered? Did u even know there was a match today?.....8-)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Damn, I wanted to see Mortaza keep playing for Asia.

Asians batting first, Sehwag has taken 12 off the first over.

Nishant

International 12th Man
im not actually watching the game...but if stats are anything to go by....sehwag looks to be in really good form!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Good to see Sibanda getting a run. He's a really improved batsman in the last year or so - hope he shows it tonight.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Good to see Sibanda getting a run. He's a really improved batsman in the last year or so - hope he shows it tonight.
Haha, they're giving him a bowl. Predicting carnage tbh.

EDIT: Bowling off breaks judging by the commentary. Odd considering he was rated himself highly as an outswing bowler (so much so that he considered himself a bowler first and foremost despite being dire.) So in short, I have NFI what his off breaks are like.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Ganguly has really picked up the pace to a strike rate of 70 per 100 balls, he really has been an ODI and Test run machine since his return.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Can't believe Loots Bosman was dropped. :sleep:

Only good thing coming out of this game currently is the bowling performance of Morne Morkel and the fact that both Johan Botha and Albie are bowling trite in front of Mickey Arthur.