• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tom Moody will he stay with Sri Lanka ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like SL may lose Tom after the World Cup..a real shame we are not big enough to hold onto him.
http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/288924.html

SL would struggle to hold onto him if England or Australia or even India went after him. Because we would not be able to retain him then, given the higher offers and perks and the prestige of those 3 positions. With his family in the UK , he must be itching to get back there or even a return to Austtralia.

Even if we lose Tom , I hope the SL board can use their collective wisdom and try and retain Trevor Penney and the rest of the crew including Tony Simsek, the physio.

I hope our board is trying its hardest to keep Tom though..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thought he'd nailed his colours to the mast?

Certainly it'd be a step backwards professionally if he wanted to do the WA job, TBH, though obviously you could understand it from a family POV.

I certainly hope he either stays with Lanka or goes home, myself.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well Australian head coaching position is filled. If he wants a role at an academy, I'm sure he can get it though. It all depends on where he wants to live.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Moody pretty much has the pick of where he wants to coach, although I would like to see him continue with Sri Lanka. He has made some definate improvements with them over the last year or so.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Moody is a great coach, he did REALLY well at Worcs. Even if it did go a little flat in his last year. I for one would love him to be the next England coach.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Your opinion on Moody has definitely changed Jason from 18 months ago :p
I was actually agreeing with Jason before, but the improvements he made for the SL team is just nothing short of scintillating. He definitely is one coach who has impressed me in the past year or so.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Even before the Woolmar tradegy when he was still available, I thought Moody would be the best choice for England. I actually would have liked him to take over from Buchanan, but that's not happened. It would be a shame for SL to lose him because he seems to be really assisting the players to produce their best.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I wish was I billionaire I would pay out of my own money to sign him for life, 2nd best coach ever after Whatmore.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Your opinion on Moody has definitely changed Jason from 18 months ago :p
Obviously ....SL performances in Tests and ODIs have really taken off and this is in no small measure to Tom and Trevor Penney's expertise ...of course the resurgence of Jayasuriya and the discovery of Malinga and various others having a turn around in their form such as Chamara Silva etc.. has also contributed...but Tom has obviously managed to build this Team up and contributed significantly to the turn around over last 2 years , and it would be a shame to lose him now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Obviously ....SL performances in Tests and ODIs have really taken off and this is in no small measure to Tom and Trevor Penney's expertise ...of course the resurgence of Jayasuriya and the discovery of Malinga and various others having a turn around in their form such as Chamara Silva etc.. has also contributed...but Tom has obviously managed to build this Team up and contributed significantly to the turn around over last 2 years , and it would be a shame to lose him now.
I think he will stay on with SL, just a hunch.

But if they win the WC or something, he might leave for sure. Would want to leave that behind as his legacy, I guess.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
Looks like SL may lose Tom after the World Cup..a real shame we are not big enough to hold onto him.
That is a shame, hopefully he will come to England though :cool: . Maybe if Sri Lanka win the World Cup he'll stay?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I really, really hope Moody doesn't come to coach England - and that is certainly not because he's a poor coach.

I just don't want Duncan Fletcher's tenure to end.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really, really hope Moody doesn't come to coach England - and that is certainly not because he's a poor coach.

I just don't want Duncan Fletcher's tenure to end.
I would've thought that with some of the decisions made at the start of the Ashes, you'd have been in favour of seeing Fletcher go. I know that you don't think Monty Panesar would have won the first two Tests for England, neither do I, but I still think that it should be looked at logically and a bit of common sense applied. Panesar and Read had done absolutely nothing to suggest that they needed to be dropped, their recent international form had been quite good.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he will stay on with SL, just a hunch.

But if they win the WC or something, he might leave for sure. Would want to leave that behind as his legacy, I guess.
I would rather retain Tom and be a beaten finalist , personally.... No I shouldn't be saying that...But the Man is getting somewhere with this Team and if he goes now , its all back to square one and who knows what.

If indeed we lose him and India do not take Whatmore and he then becomes available (as it looks likely-given Bangladesh's dispeasure with Dave since his indication re interest in India job) SL should then at least get Dave back. But my first choice would be retaining Moody .
And definitely Trevor Penney at all costs .

shortpitched713

International Captain
Don't understand that mentality really. Even if SL win the World Cup there'd still be plenty left to do to improve SL cricket, the most important of which to be to help SL rise in the Test Rankings and maybe build up towards that top spot.