• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Manjural Islam dies in road accident

dass

Banned
R.I.P

i feel sorry for his family, he came from a poor background and yeah his family must be feeling terrible.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Woke up to a txt msg from my Dad about the news.

It' so shocking :(!

May his soul rest in peace. he was a wonderful turner of the ball, once even costing Rafique his place in the squad. He was handy with the bat too. Would be terribly, terribly missed. A very sad day in Bangla cricket :crybaby:. The tiger team in the Widnies is full of grief and sorrow now. I hope they can pull something good off at least in his respect and hold their heads up higher :down:.

Indeed a very sad day :cry:!

crickmate

U19 12th Man
A sad day for cricket. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw the news at cricinfo. Manjural Islam was one of my favorite players. A always happy guy. Always wanted the better for the team. I still remember when he was the man of the series against Zimbabwe ODI series, and then he was not included in the best 11 for the next series, because BD needed one more pacer for that match. And he was still happy and did not have any complaints. I was sure, he would have come back strongly in the national team within a year or two. I don't know much about the other cricketer, Sajjadul Hasan, but heard he was an excellent player too.

My deepest condolence to both of their families.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Ja. a sad day, with Trevor Madondo, Ben Hollioake and Manjarul Islam, we've had far too many young cricketers passing in recent times

universe

Cricket Spectator
Saw the shcocking headline while visiting the fantasy cricekt. I still can't believe it. :cry: We're so near of death always without realising it.
Read at cricinfo and tigercricket.
Manzarul Islam Rana and fellow cricketer killed in road accident
TigerCricket.com Report
16-March-2007

Bangladesh all-rounder Manzarul Islam Rana was killed in a tragic road accident in Khulna today afternoon.

The 22-year-old was reportedly on his way to Satkhira on a motorcycle from Khulna in the afternoon having appeared in a local cricket match earlier. The accident happened when the bike Rana was riding apparently tried to make way for an ambulance on a bridge near Balikhali on the Khulna-Sathkhira Road, lost control and crashed on to the railing. Rana died on the spot while another Khulna cricketer Sajjadul Alam Setu, who was on the back seat, passed away on the way to the hospital.

The distressing news reached the Bangladesh cricket team while the players were just getting up from bed in Trinidad. A pal of gloom has set in the squad as the prepared for tomorrow’s first World Cup fixture against India.

Rana had played 6 Tests and 25 ODI's for Bangladesh. He was due to join the Bangladesh A team later this month for the one-day series against Sri Lanka A in Sri Lanka.
RIP

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Such a shock. While it is sad when a true great dies, it is much less shocking. Here was a young cricketer who still had so much to offer the international team; indeed he couldn't have been far away from going to the World Cup. I only saw him play live two or three times, but he didn't look too much worse than Mohammad Rafique.

Sajjadul Hasan's death is equally as saddening. He had been a journeyman first-class cricketer until this season, when he began to show signs of a breakthrough.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
He was younger than me FFS. Really really sad news. Like Liam, I also found out trying to check the scores from school and spotted the headline, hoping it was a typo.

RIP.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Very sad for such a promising cricketer to die so early and also i'll like to mention his team mate that died in the accident.

Dydl

International Debutant
Such a sad loss of life, you really feel for his family. Hope Bangladesh can put up a performance in the World Cup in honour of these two.

Craig

World Traveller
:mellow: :-O :shocking: :eek:

Wow, I mean wow, this is unbelieveable, so sad, so tragic, just another reminder how short life is and to make every opportunity a winner in life as you don't know what can happen next, you just don't know.

RIP

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Very sad to hear such a tragic news, may god bless his soul but 22 certainly is no age to die.