• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Records are least likely to be broken?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But bradman's avg
Afridi' fastest hundred
are just beyond anyone on the scne right now
It's extremely naive to think that Afridi's record is beyond anyone in modern cricket. Grounds are tiny, outfields are swift, pitches are dead, bowlers are mediocre, batsmen are tuned into Twenty20 mentalities, and associate members are playing more often. I think it's safe to say that it won't be long before someone betters 37 balls.

pup11

International Coach
Six 6's in an over a record which is currently with Sir Gary sobers and ravi shastri. I can't see that record being broken in the near future because its really hard to hit every ball in an over for six.

Craig

World Traveller
Six 6's in an over a record which is currently with Sir Gary sobers and ravi shastri. I can't see that record being broken in the near future because its really hard to hit every ball in an over for six.
Well it can't be broken, only equaled, unless there was a no-ball bowled, and that extra delievery went into the stands for a maximum, so I guess that would count?

Another one - 75 off an over

Last edited:

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Well it can't be broken, only equaled, unless there was a no-ball bowled, and that extra delievery went into the stands for a maximum, so I guess that would count?

Another one - 75 off an over
Note: in the instances marked * runs were being deliberately conceded
by the fielding side. LOL!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Kinda complicted but this is as good an explanation as I've ever read.

Basically they were trying to bait an oppo to going for a win instead of playing for a draw in order to increase their chances of a win.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Some old git in the first ever Test was nearly 50 and I believe is still the oldest Test debutant, not a record likely to beaten until the afforementioned advances in medical science.:cool:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
James Southerton IIRR... though I think he was over 50 as Bert Ironmonger in 1928 was 48 on debut.