• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards 11-18 Feb

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pup11 is under-rated IMO. He may not be the best poster going around but he's the sort of "guts" a forum really needs. He brings up lots of topics, adds his two cents to everything and starts lots of debates. He's no SJS but he's a good guy who never resorts to things such as personal attacks and he brings a lot of discussion to the forum. I've been critical of the Hussey being given out too frequently in the past but I really do think that pup11 deserved it.
Completely agree with that.

Sure, but ahead of Poker Boy, who's quite clearly IMO in the SJS\wpdavid league?

No way.

LOL Richard, Poker Boy is a good poster, but I doubt you'd ever see a prejudiced rant from SJS/wpdavid like the one PB produced in the Ashes forum. I think the thread was "Ashes commentary" or something. Caused quite a stir

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Pup11 is under-rated IMO. He may not be the best poster going around but he's the sort of "guts" a forum really needs. He brings up lots of topics, adds his two cents to everything and starts lots of debates. He's no SJS but he's a good guy who never resorts to things such as personal attacks and he brings a lot of discussion to the forum. I've been critical of the Hussey being given out too frequently in the past but I really do think that pup11 deserved it.
I just get annoyed by pup11's apparent refusal to reply to fair points made about his posts.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I just get annoyed by pup11's apparent refusal to reply to fair points made about his posts.
Yeah, I used to get annoyed with that as well. But I think it's just a case of him accepting he was wrong as proven by the replies to his posts and moving on. If it was someone like Richard (or me for that matter), it'd probably just drag out for ages with straw-clutching and then eventually conclude with the inevitable admittance of being wrong. Pup just seems to see he's wrong, then take it on board and move on to something else.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
LOL Richard, Poker Boy is a good poster, but I doubt you'd ever see a prejudiced rant from SJS/wpdavid like the one PB produced in the Ashes forum. I think the thread was "Ashes commentary" or something. Caused quite a stir
Oh, right, must've been before my return. Will have a scout around.

BTW, you remember a poster called Mike (badgerhair)? Top-quality in the knowledge stakes but clearly a rather pompous windbag.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Click the smiley tbh.
TBH?

EDIT: that links to Pedro Delgado (where's he gone, BTW?) and a righteously angry response, though I did skip back through the thread and I presume this is the offending piece?

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hoho, yes, I always forget that-'un.

You've been better than most in my experience at linking to posts, not pages, tho. :huh: