Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England Should Blame Harmison.

England Should Blame Harmison.

I conceede the fact that England won the commonwelath Bank series. Good for them, well done, I enjoyed it because it's given my team a chance to get to the top, but, if England don't win the World Cup (which they won't), I think that they would have wasted a chance to at least be competitive.

Harmison may not have been the best ODI bowler ever, but he had (and still has) Pace AND Bounce. Given half the chance as a cricket supporter, who would you rather have bowling for your team, Sajid Mamhood or Harmison... Harmison, obviously. He was and is a fast bowler who was never really plauged by injuries, I think he made ODI cricket a scapegoat for his lack luster test performance, which I see as selfish, narrow minded and cowardly. Imagine Glenn McGrath or Shaun Pollock retiring from ODI cricket to concerntrate on Test Cricket, it would never have gone down well, because everyone knows, to call yourse;f a great bowler, you should be able to thrive in both forms of the game and not be allowed to pick and choose what form you want to play and even what tours you want to go on...

Oh, if I were an English selector, or even Ian Botham or Geoff Boycott, I would pull Steve and Marcus aside and insist for the good of English Pride and for the sake of selecting your best possible Xl, Harmison, Treskothick and Hoggard would all be playing in the Carribean next month...

is the person who started this thread bob willis in disguise?
    ENGLAND CB SERIES CHAMPS FUTURE WORLD CUP CHAMPS(2011) AND IN 2009 THE ASHES HOLDERS

the official England 'patriotic cheerleader'

Proud supporter of the England national cricket, football and rugby teams and of TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOOTBALL CLUBS

Msn: jammay123@hotmail.co.uk

come on CW BLUE

Quote Originally Posted by jammay123 View Post
    is the person who started this thread bob willis in disguise?

Quote Originally Posted by southafrica View Post

Hmm a 4-5-1 out of nowhere where you least expect it, with someone who doesn't know what they're supposed to be doing up front on their own. You're not an ex-England football manager are you?
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

yorkshire, need I say more... this is a cricket webiste,

C.R.I.C.K.E.T.....
    you know, the one with the bat and the ball...

International Captain
    Of course Harmison is to blame for England's Ashes loss, he should be chased naked through the streets by dogs.

Southafrica Should Blame Cronje.

imho
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Hmm a 4-5-1 out of nowhere where you least expect it, with someone who doesn't know what they're supposed to be doing up front on their own. You're not an ex-England football manager are you?
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

I can't honestly say we should blame Harmy.I think the old man Ashley Giles 8D
    Well the Irish did it on St Patrick's day

Rip Fardin Qayyumi, Bob Woolmer and Craig.
    No offence Neil
    "No good thing ever dies." Andy Dufresne. The Shawshank Redemption.
    "Don't interupt the emeny when they're making a mistake" Napoleon

I conceede the fact that England won the commonwelath Bank series. Good for them, well done, I enjoyed it because it's given my team a chance to get to the top, but, if England don't win the World Cup (which they won't), I think that they would have wasted a chance to at least be competitive.

Harmison may not have been the best ODI bowler ever, but he had (and still has) Pace AND Bounce. Given half the chance as a cricket supporter, who would you rather have bowling for your team, Sajid Mamhood or Harmison... Harmison, obviously. He was and is a fast bowler who was never really plauged by injuries, I think he made ODI cricket a scapegoat for his lack luster test performance, which I see as selfish, narrow minded and cowardly. Imagine Glenn McGrath or Shaun Pollock retiring from ODI cricket to concerntrate on Test Cricket, it would never have gone down well, because everyone knows, to call yourse;f a great bowler, you should be able to thrive in both forms of the game and not be allowed to pick and choose what form you want to play and even what tours you want to go on...

Oh, if I were an English selector, or even Ian Botham or Geoff Boycott, I would pull Steve and Marcus aside and insist for the good of English Pride and for the sake of selecting your best possible Xl, Harmison, Treskothick and Hoggard would all be playing in the Carribean next month...
    Mahmood is at all likely to play any important games though, and I'd rather have Anderson, Lewis or Plunkett bowl for me in an ODI than Harmison.

I think it was a good decision - it'll allow him to focus on the form of the game he is actually somewhat effective in.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a man’s right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of one’s own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain one’s life and to keep the results of one’s own efforts.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Harmison's ODI form was worse than his Test form when he announced his retirement. I'm fairly certain that guided his decision.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

I kinda have to agree. I was a big fan but since that worldbeating performance in the Windies he has let his side down.

Honestly Mahmood had more potential IMO. But he needs a LOT of work.

Breakout Champion!
    Given half the chance as a cricket supporter, who would you rather have bowling for your team, Sajid Mamhood or Harmison
    If I had the choice of Mahmood, Harmison or anyone else, I'd take anyone else.

Hoggard?!?!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steds View Post
    If I had the choice of Mahmood, Harmison or anyone else, I'd take anyone else.
    I can think of a lot of bowlers in England worse than Mahmood and Harmison.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information