• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Twenty20 Is Boring Society Thread

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You already have! :p

Show your support by proudly declaring your membership in your sig. :)
Wot 'e said.

And Rob - might be an idea to delete Fiery's posts from this thread, as he clearly has no wish to be a member and as we say - would be unfair to force nice guys. :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Guess what? I watched a few overs tonight.
Guess what? I found the gym a far more appetising proposition.
Guess what? I got back and found it'd been a pretty tight finish.
Guess what? I didn't remotely regret not watching.

I'm really aiming for a Jimmy here.

Swervy

International Captain
Guess what? I watched a few overs tonight.
Guess what? I found the gym a far more appetising proposition.
Guess what? I got back and found it'd been a pretty tight finish.
Guess what? I didn't remotely regret not watching.

I'm really aiming for a Jimmy here.

your loss really, really entertaining stuff

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A Society member now, then, eh?

Nah, wasn't a loss to me, I didn't regret it at all. :D (Yes, aware of the irony in using that smiley in response to you)

Swervy

International Captain
A Society member now, then, eh?

Nah, wasn't a loss to me, I didn't regret it at all. :D (Yes, aware of the irony in using that smiley in response to you)

no, I am not a Society member.

Its just a shame you have shut 2020 out becuase you think you should do. Some of the batting today was superb to watch. Samuels 6's were a real pleasure to watch

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
no, I am not a Society member.
Oh yeah, y'are. :p Read the T&C in my opening post.
Its just a shame you have shut 2020 out becuase you think you should do. Some of the batting today was superb to watch. Samuels 6's were a real pleasure to watch
No, it was a pleasure to you to watch. I don't remotely enjoy games that are monotonous like that. I want to see a match which embraces both attack and defence. Twenty20 rarely does that.

Anyway, it's not like I've not said this 100 times before, really. I'll say it again as long as anyone asks me to but...

Swervy

International Captain
Oh yeah, y'are. :p Read the T&C in my opening post.

No, it was a pleasure to you to watch. I don't remotely enjoy games that are monotonous like that. I want to see a match which embraces both attack and defence. Twenty20 rarely does that.

Anyway, it's not like I've not said this 100 times before, really. I'll say it again as long as anyone asks me to but...
but you have hardly watched any of the games, how do you know that they are monotonous????

And no, I am not a member of the Society

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
but you have hardly watched any of the games, how do you know that they are monotonous????
I've watched enough, and I've read scorecards. I know what I like and what I don't like.

In any case, there's an amount of pre-empting you can do. You can usually guess that Red Leicester is going to taste different to Strong Cheddar even before tasting it.
And no, I am not a member of the Society
Only way to avoid that's to delete your posts in here, TBH.

Swervy

International Captain
I've watched enough, and I've read scorecards. I know what I like and what I don't like.
its good to be back....this is classic Richard.

In any case, there's an amount of pre-empting you can do. You can usually guess that Red Leicester is going to taste different to Strong Cheddar even before tasting it.
But you don't know whether it is going to taste better though do you..and even if you don't like it, its always good to give something a real go, and then make a judgement.

I suspect,however, that you in fact have watched a lot more Twenty20 than you, as a 2020phobe, would ever like to admit

Only way to avoid that's to delete your posts in here, TBH.
So be it, whether I am in this Society or not really is of no concern to me

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Going to turn full circle on prevous comments I've made on Twnety20 in the past. I find it boring at International level at the moment - but love it at domestic level.

So maybe I can be a semi-member :laugh:

Would like to change my sentiments and align my position to being a Twenty/20 fan. Unfortunately having posted in this thread, it apparently makes me a life time member.
Would like to make it known my protest to such a commitment.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would like to change my sentiments and align my position to being a Twenty/20 fan. Unfortunately having posted in this thread, it apparently makes me a life time member.
Would like to make it known my protest to such a commitment.
You could always delete your posts from this thread (or get me to do it, if the deleting option has expired).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
its good to be back....this is classic Richard.
Indeed. What else would you expect? I'm the same person I always have been.
But you don't know whether it is going to taste better though do you..and even if you don't like it, its always good to give something a real go, and then make a judgement.
Not really. I know what I like, in both foods and cricket, I try stuff (or sometimes not, if I know what it's like by what people tell me and what it looks like) and if I like it I have it again, if I don't I don't.
I suspect,however, that you in fact have watched a lot more Twenty20 than you, as a 2020phobe, would ever like to admit
Nah. I watch the odd few bits of games here and there (have only one in my life watched an entire game through - England vs Australia in 2005, and that was about much, much more than one meaningless 20-over game) often because it's on in the room that I'm in. Never has it been anything but what it was the last time.

Fiery

Banned
Indeed. What else would you expect? I'm the same person I always have been.

Not really. I know what I like, in both foods and cricket, I try stuff (or sometimes not, if I know what it's like by what people tell me and what it looks like) and if I like it I have it again, if I don't I don't.

Nah. I watch the odd few bits of games here and there (have only one in my life watched an entire game through - England vs Australia in 2005, and that was about much, much more than one meaningless 20-over game) often because it's on in the room that I'm in. Never has it been anything but what it was the last time.
lol at Rich who loved every minute of last night's game, didn't ya mate? C'mon, admit it

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Watched a handful of deliveries, as I say. Then took to the gym just before the Trott wicket.