• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Chappell-Hadlee Series

sportychic33

State 12th Man
2 pm NZ time so that makes it 11.00 am Melbourne time according to me. 3 Hours difference when I was listening to com bank series.
Isn't it a two hour time difference between NZ time and AEST when there is daylight savings. I think it is only 3 hours time difference between NZ and Queensland on the Eastern Side of Aus, and 2 hours for the rest.

pup11

International Coach
I hope pup gets fit in time for the series since he has a sore hip injury. He has a great chance to be the vice-captain so i would be disappointed if he doesn't play and it would also make the batting even more brittle. I hope that hussey also is done with his share of failures in the CB series and starts performing the way he does in this series and also for the world cup.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not looking forward to this series with Gilchrist sitting out, it won't have the same appeal as it usually does. Mind you if the games are anything like the last two games from the 2006 Chappell-Hadlee then it should make for some great cricket.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
2 pm NZ time so that makes it 11.00 am Melbourne time according to me. 3 Hours difference when I was listening to com bank series.
:unsure: I thought it was 3 hours difference for myself here in queensland, which would make it 11:00am Queensland time, and 12 Noon Melbourne time :unsure: ??

Whats the time in NZ right now?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:unsure: I thought it was 3 hours difference for myself here in queensland, which would make it 11:00am Queensland time, and 12 Noon Melbourne time :unsure: ??

Whats the time in NZ right now?
At the time of you posting that, it was 9:20pm Melbourne time.

pup11

International Coach
Gilly needs rest after such a hectic summer and he is also soon going to be a proud dad of his 3rd child so he needs to spend some time with his family , due to this reason he might miss some early games at the world cup.

irfan

State Captain
Finally, Jaques has been included in the squad. Made 94 on debut and the guy hasn't been since. I feel that he is a more dynamic player than Hayden and since he is unorthodoxy aggressive he won't feel the need to catch Gilchrist or impose himself as Hayden does (usually to his downfall.)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Jaques has had a few chances since that 94 actually, he just didn't do much. Opened with Watson a couple of times in the DLF Cup.

I guess Jaques and Hayden will open together in the C-H series, so Watson will be down around 6-7 again.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Has Jaques been ADDED to the squad, or has someone else been removed. Disappointed for Watson - a few games in his preferred position would have helped get him into a decent rhythm for the Cup.

irfan

State Captain
IMO Watson's preferred position in No. 4/5, he's not an opener by any stretch of the imagination

Matt79

Global Moderator
He stated during the CT that he preferred the opener's position. That's what I meant. Don't see why he isn't a one day opener tbh

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, ****ing dire. Now that Jaques is going to open I couldn't give a **** about these games.
As far as I know, Jaques is only on standby for Clarke. I think Watson would bat 4 anyway, even if Jaques did play (as Clarke would have to be out for that to happen..), and that's good too.

pup11

International Coach
Jacques is just going as cover for clarkey and by the first odi pup would be fit enough to play, the injury is not serious its just a sore hip. Even if clarke doesn't play i think Voges might come in for him, watson is going to open as the team management wants him to get a long stint out in the middle.

Sw1fty

School Boy/Girl Captain
I hope Voges gets to play in at least one match. I have heard great things about his batting but have never seen him in action.