• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe v Pakistan Tests & ODIs

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by marc71178
Has anyone heard of Matsikenyeri or Rogers before out of interest?
Rodgers, Barney Rodgers, yes I have, he's a batsman who bowls a bit although I don't think he's International Standard like most of the youngish players Zimbabwe throw into the teams. Blignaut should be brought back into the squad and maybe Travis Friend...as Nkala and Mwayenga are doing nothing. Also Sims...2 ODIs without a wicket...maybe a chance for Olonga again? I've seen a change in him lately. In case you didn't know I follow Zimbabwe quite closely so if you have a question then ask me and I most probably will know :D

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The bottom line is that Pakistan simply should be smashing this Zimbabwe attack to pieces. Where are the usual Zimbabwe frontline bowlers? I guess they're injured & it seems Zimbabwe are more content to switch their batting lineup after just 1 game.

I really don't think Pakistan will come out of this tour any better off, if anything it will give them a false impression of their form when they hit South Africa in a month's time.

basil

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I still think this tour will benefit Pakistan, how well are they going to do in SA remains to be seen, but if opening problem is resolved( looks unlikely) then Pakistan will give SA a hard time!

V Reddy

International Debutant
Originally posted by Rik
Wow a 50 for Blignaut :D this guy really is a breath of fresh air for Zimbabwe :)
And his reward is to be dropped!

Was he dropped:O:O I thought he was their best player after the flowers.What was the reason given? Was it b'coz of his colour?:(!:(!:(!

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
The bottom line is that Pakistan simply should be smashing this Zimbabwe attack to pieces.
That is precisely what is happening.

I really don't think Pakistan will come out of this tour any better off, if anything it will give them a false impression of their form when they hit South Africa in a month's time.
After the last few months, an easy paced and commanding tour is the best thing Pakistan can have. Restoration of confidence is very important. Secondly they have another tour after this one in SA, against Sri Lanka and South Africa, that should be a good indicator of the real form.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by vishnureddy
Originally posted by Rik
Wow a 50 for Blignaut :D this guy really is a breath of fresh air for Zimbabwe :)

Was he dropped:O:O I thought he was their best player after the flowers.What was the reason given? Was it b'coz of his colour?:(!:(!:(!
I have no clue. I have long since stopped trying to understand Zimbabwe's selectors...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think you get my point.

Pakistan are of course nailing Zimbabwe who are woeful at the moment however while this will give them some sense of satisfaction, a few years back NZ defeated Zimbabwe in 2 tests in Zim & then won the ICC Trophy..the next week they flew to South Africa and proceeded to be smashed for a couple of months.

They've got to just try & realise that these matches against Zimbabwe are really easy first class matches & that they should be using them to build for South Africa, I hope they are doing this.

howzthat

Cricket Spectator
I think they know that, one of the Zimb bowler is said to be a school boy, surely the quality of bowling will be totally different in SA!

Unfortunately for Pak, Elahi is thrashing the scholl kids, giving a fasle impression that he's a capable batsmen.I have a feeling that he will be a big failure in SA.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Originally posted by Rik

He was not droped he has an injury.
He is probably there best young talent in quite some time.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Unfortunately for Pak, Elahi is thrashing the scholl kids, giving a fasle impression that he's a capable batsmen.I have a feeling that he will be a big failure in SA.
I agree. Elahi is not the greatest of batsmen. If he manages to get into the WC squad ahead of Anwar, then he will be trouble for his own side i fear.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I agree. Elahi is not the greatest of batsmen. If he manages to get into the WC squad ahead of Anwar, then he will be trouble for his own side i fear.
Is Anwar still up for it mentally - I get the impression that he no longer cares for cricket.

wasims_fan

Is Anwar still up for it mentally - I get the impression that he no longer cares for cricket.
No thats not the case.Anwar was anxious to play but the pcb selectors ignored
him.And i think he will be dropped from the south african tour aswel.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Oh right - so why wasn't he involved in the Australia Series - surely with all the other senior absentees, he'd had been a valuable asset then?

wasims_fan

Oh right - so why wasn't he involved in the Australia Series - surely with all the other senior absentees, he'd had been a valuable asset then?
well he was ready to play the 3rd test match against australia but the selectors ignored him,he was also ready to play in the series against zimbabwe and again they dropped him from the squad.So what can he do.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Pakistan 323/3 (50 ov)
Zimbabwe 100/2 (19.2 ov)

Vermeulan 76* 13x4 playing some fantastic shots!
Maybe they have found somone for the future.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Vermeulan just took the charge to the bowlers, pretty positive considering this is only his second one day match and against Waqar and Wasim. Some going. atm they are 176-3 with flowers on the wicket. They are giving Pakistan a run for their money for sure.

Elahi hits another ton, maybe he gets the confidence which was lacking, btu still he doesn't look very potent does he ?

I feel sorry for Zahid, first match after so many years and he collides head into a rampaging Vermeulan who was having a party. If Zahid can perform well in the coming games that will be a real plus for Pakistan though.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rik, Your fav. ( Nkala) is really performing well. He improved on his previous perofrmance by six runs :D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by vishnureddy
Rik, Your fav. ( Nkala) is really performing well. He improved on his previous perofrmance by six runs :D
Yeah his ODI Bowling average has jumped to 59.15 after conceeding 156 runs in the the 2 ODIs he played in, without taking a wicket :O:O:O his bowling stats for this Series:

2 matches, 19 overs, 0 maidens, 156 runs, 0 Wickets at an economy of 8.21...when will the Selectors learn?

Add that to his Test Performance of 25 overs, 5 maidens, 93 runs, 0 wickets, economy of 3.72 then it gets even worse...

Meanwhile Yohanna fills his boots:

222 runs in 3 innings in the 2 Tests at an average of 74 and a Highest Score of 159 and 317 runs without being dismissed in the 3 ODIs with a Highest Score of 141* and with a strike rate of 127.30

WHOA!!!