• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe v Pakistan Tests & ODIs

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
And his first 6 overs cost 52 runs!:lol:
And his final figures were :

Shoaib Akhtar: 12 4 61 1

at least he know how to cover up for his mistakes and his captain has faith in him, a combination a few teams lack in their bowling department 8D

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by Rik
If only Vermeulen could have stayed in...he would have reaked havock!!!
well too bad that he got out to a lesser pace bowler lbw and if i remember correctly Shoaib was the one to lb him in the first innings :rolleyes:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by CricketGuru
Originally posted by Rik
If only Vermeulen could have stayed in...he would have reaked havock!!!
well too bad that he got out to a lesser pace bowler lbw and if i remember correctly Shoaib was the one to lb him in the first innings :rolleyes:
Errrm what? He got out to Shoaib LBW in the 1st innings for 2 but he then scored 26 off 25 balls in the 2nd innings with 5 4's...looks an exciting player.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Now what does one conclude from the previous four or five posts ?

Shoaib started badly maybe didn't perform terribly well, why do you want to read more to it then actually there is ?:(!

wasims_fan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
He looks a decent player. Have we seen the last of Rashid Latif? And what of Moin Khan???!!
I hope not thats just an attempt to give chance to a new keeper in the absence of Rashid Latif due to the injury, I think Rashid is still one of the best keepers Pakistan has produced and Moin has the edge for his unique and aggressive style of batting.
Rashid is going to join the team for the one-dayers against zimabawe starting from 23rd.thats a good news for the Pakistani team. :)

basil

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
He looks a decent player. Have we seen the last of Rashid Latif? And what of Moin Khan???!!
I hope not thats just an attempt to give chance to a new keeper in the absence of Rashid Latif due to the injury, I think Rashid is still one of the best keepers Pakistan has produced and Moin has the edge for his unique and aggressive style of batting.
Moin has done nothing lately of note, he was given chance against SL A team, against which he performed poorly, and then later in a trial match Moin failed once again.Interestingly Akmal performed outstandingly against SL A team and in the trail matches, he basically opens the innings in onedayers and have been performing extremely well with the bat.

For the WC it will either be Rashid or Akmal, Rashid might get the nod coz of his experiance.After the WC, Rasid will retire and Akmal will certainly be the keeper for the Pak team!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Gotchya
Sorry about that wont happen again
no...I was addressing rik, not you
Sheesh stop being so serious! Its allowed to have a laugh at a player who's spoken about so highly and everyone is scared of when he then gets wacked for 60 odd of 10 overs in a Test I find it quite funny...

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sheesh stop being so serious! Its allowed to have a laugh at a player who's spoken about so highly and everyone is scared of when he then gets wacked for 60 odd of 10 overs in a Test I find it quite funny... [/quote]

Actually i do see the irony in that :)

Originally posted by Rik
Sheesh stop being so serious! Its allowed to have a laugh at a player who's spoken about so highly and everyone is scared of when he then gets wacked for 60 odd of 10 overs in a Test I find it quite funny...
Thst cricket, if big names always perform according to expectations then the game would get booring.Remember how Zulu destroyed Akhter in WC??, it happens

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by TendulkarMark2
Originally posted by Rik
Thst cricket, if big names always perform according to expectations then the game would get booring.Remember how Zulu destroyed Akhter in WC??, it happens
That doesn't stop it being funny :D:lol:

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
sure its allowed, but shoaib has now proven his metal. He is past that well spoken stage, and to try to prove something out of nothing is silly.

Its acceptable to be critical when you need to be. NOT otherwise.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
The first ODI starts tomorrow, I am keeping an eye on that silly ODI ranking(ICC), maybe Pakistan can egde their way way ahead to slot three. Hopefully, by securing a good healthy win in this series as well, the reconstruction will be complete and takeoff for the WC.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
The first ODI starts tomorrow, I am keeping an eye on that silly ODI ranking(ICC), maybe Pakistan can egde their way way ahead to slot three. Hopefully, by securing a good healthy win in this series as well, the reconstruction will be complete and takeoff for the WC.
Pakistan's success in the WC relies a lot on how Pakistan does in these coming ODIs, if they do well it can psychologically bring them to the top again and i hope that doesnt make them over confident.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It'll take a fair bit for Pak to get to number 3 - even if they win all their games in November, and SL lose all theirs SL will still be ahead.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
It'll take a fair bit for Pak to get to number 3 - even if they win all their games in November, and SL lose all theirs SL will still be ahead.
Oh...I read otherwise...hell do they matter anyway ? ;) :D sour grapes.