Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hendrik Human "Boeta" Dippenaar

Hendrik Human "Boeta" Dippenaar

Any reason why he wassnt selected in the odi squad for SA vs Pak thought he was in quite good one day form

His ODI form was horrible in the last series he played. He was dropped and hasn't been recalled.

In saying that though, he clearly should have been selected anyway, based on:
    a) His superb ODI record overall.
    b) The fact that Bosman clearly isn't ODI standard.

Also slogger555, since this is specific to one particular squad, you should have posted it in the official tour thread.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

My bad very new to forums

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    His ODI form was horrible in the last series he played. He was dropped and hasn't been recalled.

In saying that though, he clearly should have been selected anyway, based on:
    a) His superb ODI record overall.
    b) The fact that Bosman clearly isn't ODI standard.

Also slogger555, since this is specific to one particular squad, you should have posted it in the official tour thread.
    The 15 man squad SA chose for this series is shocking. They will still win the series though .

Bosman has not scored a run all year. Disgrace
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    I think politics may have had a hand in getting Loots Bosman in the squad, sure Dippenaar had a bad series but he is a pretty classy ODI player.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    I think politics may have had a hand in getting Loots Bosman in the squad, sure Dippenaar had a bad series but he is a pretty classy ODI player.
    Heh? Yuh think? It's pretty obvious that Bosman is in the squad because he's black. South Africa had targets to meet. They met the target. Congrats to them.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

I suppose the other question about BD is how on earth does he still manage to make their test side?

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Boeta Dippenaar has long been messed-around by SAfrican selectors.

He repeatedly does terribly in Tests... so he keeps being recalled. He rarely does a thing wrong in ODIs... and gets dropped more often than Graeme Hick.

Honestly, of all the SAfricans who could think "stuff this, I'm off to play in England" I'm truly astonished he wasn't the first and most prominent of all.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Heh? Yuh think? It's pretty obvious that Bosman is in the squad because he's black. South Africa had targets to meet. They met the target. Congrats to them.
    Nobody in the thread had said it so far, so I thought I would mention it.

Its so obvious that it shouldn't even be mentioned on the forums? Fairly useless reply.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Off-topic I know, but while on the subject of our hero, when did 'Boeta' come from to be the name that he is known by?

Love the middle name of Human.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Granted I'm no expert, but surely there are other black players who are better then Bosman?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Granted I'm no expert, but surely there are other black players who are better then Bosman?
    It really shouldn't matter though - Dippenaar is better than him, black or not. Argument for the other thread though, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Of course there is, Loots must have something on Haroon Lorgat because God knows why he gets into the ODI side. Quota's or not there is at least five or more better coloured cricketers than this mid 90's throwback. Good option for a 20/20 side but when your top order can't buy a run most of the time having a walking wicket isn't the most smartest of selections. Personally I donít think Boeta should be in the side as well, his also struggling and with AB and Smith opening (with Gibbs in reserve) you donít need another opener in your squad. If AB fails, just give Gibbs the job back, on flat West Indian wickets, worries about his technique really shouldnít be of concern.
    Last edited by TT Boy; 01-02-2007 at 03:45 AM.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Of course there is, Loots must have something on Haroon Lorgat because God knows why he gets into the ODI side.
    Isn't it obvious? Matthew Prior got 11 games for the exact same reason.

"He's a big-hitter".

Such a thing routinely clouds the selection of players for ODIs - the fact that when they hit it it goes a long way often clouds the fact that they don't hit it very often.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information