Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 120
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cricket DVDs

  1. #46
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer Toecrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    57
    I've got the India vs Australia 2001 series, "Speed Demons" which is a DVD looking at the fastest bowlers in the history of the game right from Thommo to Akhtar with heaps of awesome footage. Also, I've got this 3 hour DVD titled "Sachin the Legend: his story" which was shown on ESPN in tribute to him breaking Gavaskar's century record. It looks through his entire career series-by-series with all the footage of the great innings', along with interviews and opinions on Sachin of pretty much every leading cricketer past and present. One of the really cool bits at the end is when they ask these cricketers what shot they will remember Sachin by, and they are all divided by the straight drive, backfoot cover drive and flick to square leg - all the while showin sachin playin these shots - AWESOME! As a hardcore Sachin fan, its easily the best cricket doco/show I've seen,
    Beneath that helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside that cranium, there is something we don't know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their TV sets and switch off their lives - BBC on Sachin Tendulkar

  2. #47
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,127
    Looking in Cricshop and you can't miss almost every match between Pakistan and India since 2004.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  3. #48
    First Class Debutant SquidAU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One Eyed Pirate Island!
    Posts
    853
    I got too many cricket DVDs....

    But I have alot of English ones. Cape Crusaders, the one about the Windies tour in 2004 and Six of The Best 70's 80's and 90's.....

    As well as Battle for the Tasman, 25 years of ODI Cricket in Australia, Steve Waugh, Dean Jones, Shane Warne...

    And the 2005 Ashes. And I just got the 1992/93 ODI and Test series as well.

  4. #49
    State Regular readie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    935
    Benaud To Border
    Bodyline
    Fight For The Ashes (2005 Series)
    The New Guard ( Ponting and Gilly)
    Steve Waugh
    Shane Warne

    Various Recorded Matches


  5. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The interesting thing was Hussain said he was never worried so long as they were playing big shots.

    And let's face it - had they won the thing, no-one in England could have been blamed. I've said it several times, but I've never, ever seen the ball hit like Astle did that day. Never seen anyone come close, in fact.

    Man, what I'd give for that innings on DVD... that match, in fact (highlights, obviously).
    Richard. I have the Nathan Astle DVD if you want to borrow it for a while. I don't want to burn it because I'm strongly against piracy (I used to own a video store). I can send it to you if you want but would want it back obviously.

  6. #51
    International Captain luffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    ****
    Posts
    5,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Richard. I have the Nathan Astle DVD if you want to borrow it for a while. I don't want to burn it because I'm strongly against piracy (I used to own a video store). I can send it to you if you want but would want it back obviously.
    He will proberley burn it....

  7. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    He will proberley burn it....
    That's his business. Would rather he didn't and I wouldn't want my copy damaged but I can't stop him from half-way around the world.

  8. #53
    Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    28,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecrusher View Post
    Also, I've got this 3 hour DVD titled "Sachin the Legend: his story" which was shown on ESPN in tribute to him breaking Gavaskar's century record. It looks through his entire career series-by-series with all the footage of the great innings', along with interviews and opinions on Sachin of pretty much every leading cricketer past and present. One of the really cool bits at the end is when they ask these cricketers what shot they will remember Sachin by, and they are all divided by the straight drive, backfoot cover drive and flick to square leg - all the while showin sachin playin these shots - AWESOME! As a hardcore Sachin fan, its easily the best cricket doco/show I've seen,
    Sounds excellent mate. I will try to get the DVD..

  9. #54
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    23,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The interesting thing was Hussain said he was never worried so long as they were playing big shots.

    And let's face it - had they won the thing, no-one in England could have been blamed. I've said it several times, but I've never, ever seen the ball hit like Astle did that day. Never seen anyone come close, in fact.

    Man, what I'd give for that innings on DVD... that match, in fact (highlights, obviously).
    Youtube- has all.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

  10. #55
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jumbo View Post
    My fault, got the title wrong. It's called 'Century of Cricket', presented by David Gower. There are some other good bits (Ashes tours to Australia, the Bodyline coverage), but IIRC it becomes a bit 'this year x happened, the year after y happened.' I haven't watched it for about two years though, so I might like it a bit more now.
    I've liked it pretty much since I got it (6 years ago or so).

    It provides much footage I'd not otherwise have seen - which is why I like it. I knew about much of the stuff beforehand, of course, but it was good just to see it which, as I say, I'd mostly not done before.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  11. #56
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecrusher View Post
    "Speed Demons" which is a DVD looking at the fastest bowlers in the history of the game right from Thommo to Akhtar with heaps of awesome footage.
    Heaps of awesome footage maybe, but if it only starts in 1974\75 it's hardly looking at the whole history of the game, is it?!

  12. #57
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Ah... I remember it like it was yesterday...

    But why on EARTH is ABBA's Happy New Year a related video...? Damn, YouTube is odd sometimes...
    Last edited by Richard; 26-01-2007 at 07:36 AM.

  13. #58
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Richard. I have the Nathan Astle DVD if you want to borrow it for a while. I don't want to burn it because I'm strongly against piracy (I used to own a video store). I can send it to you if you want but would want it back obviously.
    Am I paying the postage costs or you?

  14. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Am I paying the postage costs or you?
    Oh, you think I'm joking or trying to rip you off or something?

  15. #60
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Rip-off wasn't a thought that immidiately came to mind, but joke, I admit, was.

    You'd be willing to go to the trouble of sending a DVD to the other side of The World, just for someone who, by definition, you don't particularly like that much?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CW Players A-Z
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Development League
    Replies: 316
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 11:35 PM
  2. Retirement of McGrath/Warne: Good for cricket?
    By silentstriker in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 21-12-2006, 05:24 AM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-10-2005, 04:44 PM
  4. Replies: 1876
    Last Post: 23-09-2005, 04:21 PM
  5. The Twenty20 Cup in England
    By PY in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 22-07-2003, 03:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •