• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian "Pace" Bowlers ? The Ones With Chance , The Ones that Deserve Chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Are you talking about Harvinder Singh ? That guy sucks so bad that I haven't seen a worse bowler.He played some ODIs in 1997-98 or so against Pak in Toronto alongwith Debashsis Mohanty.While Mohanty was almost unplayable in the swing friendly conditions in Toronto, Harvinder was spraying all over with no semblance of any line or length.Bad balls of all types....you name it and he had it.
Thats a few games , hes can bat alrite and look at his O.D.I average speaks for itself , But for Yohannan hes had a bad patch in Test and im not asking the selectors to play him in Test But in O.d.i where his avg stands 25 odd and hes only bowled a few overs taking 5 wickets ...

Leave Agarkar out , Nehra can stay i guess he can only change from here , but if India had a Right Arm Fast and a Left Arm Fast ( Khan) combination it would be way more useful..

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by ajaagarkarajaaja
Originally posted by Rik
India's bowling attack have been plastered around their own stadiums by the West Indies batsmen and are 2-1 down to a team everyone says is one of the worst ODI teams in the world...so I'm quite surprised your so optimistic and yet can claim other teams like England are setting low standards...:frog:
What i'm surprised at is that at such a young age of 19 years you have such a poor memory!!

England got pasted in the netwest Trophy final and they couldn't even defend a huge score of 325!! In the CT they were again thrashed by India, YET one of their fans is critisizing Indian teams performance??

India is 2-1 down, BUT this is a 7 match series, Also, WI team is certainly better than England, you should have known by now that the worst onedayer team is none other than England(Zimb and Bang not considered):frog:
Im just amazed how annoying and prevocative you are. And how clueless.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year

Ever thought how annoying you yourself are?? I guess you have no clue, wonder how people around you are able to tolerate you?:rolleyes:
Because I'm not out for a fight. Anyway I REALLY REALLY can't be bothered with you ok? Your trying to compare 2 different series with different opposition of different strengths. And you proved just then that you are provocative, and I'm not going to rise to the bait as you obviously are going to argue whatever I say.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year

Ever thought how annoying you yourself are?? I guess you have no clue, wonder how people around you are able to tolerate you?:rolleyes:
Because I'm not out for a fight. Anyway I REALLY REALLY can't be bothered with you ok? Your trying to compare 2 different series with different opposition of different strengths. And you proved just then that you are provocative, and I'm not going to rise to the bait as you obviously are going to argue whatever I say. Oh well, at least it's boosted my post total...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year

Look who's talking, wasn't it you yourself who was looking for SIMILARITIES b/w the two series??
No, if you look back you will find that I was the one saying all along that there was no similarities between these 2 series between India and WIndies and Aus and England. Now go away you annoying...Agarkar Lover! :lol:

Get lost you F@ggot, i never tried to compared the two series this you can't get into your hydrocephalic mind, all i was trying to tell you was that since England team have been getting pasted in series after series (not just in this series, you can go back and check on this) then it shows how much talented your cricketers are!!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year

Get lost you F@ggot, i never tried to compared the two series this you can't get into your hydrocephalic mind, all i was trying to tell you was that since England team have been getting pasted in series after series (not just in this series, you can go back and check on this) then it shows how much talented your cricketers are!!
Errrm...yes you did...yes they are...and please GO AWAY.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year

Get lost you F@ggot
Wow that really shows your maturity. Your rank on this forum describes you perfectly: Under Age

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

LOL getting out on 76, yet taking it well!!

surely English men have set a very low standard:lol::lol::lol::lol:
From an Agarkar admirer, I find that a little amusing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

If Ajit doesn't perform with the ball, he does it with the bat, thats why he's a vital member of Indian oneday team.
Depends what you call performing - by my reckoning, in over half of his matches (54) he's failed to either take 2 wickets or pass 20 runs.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by marc71178

If Ajit doesn't perform with the ball, he does it with the bat, thats why he's a vital member of Indian oneday team.
Depends what you call performing - by my reckoning, in over half of his matches (54) he's failed to either take 2 wickets or pass 20 runs.
Honestly, why are we even discussing this guy? Really, if you look at the number of posts on Agarkar(whether you are bashing him or not), it is probably more than any other player we have discussed. We are giving him undue importance, we should just say that he is crap and be done with it.

In the Indian team, Khan and to a certain extent, Srinath are the only bowlers worth talking about. The other international pacers currently operating aren't worth a mention and the newcomers are untested so far.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I wasn't, I was having an arguement with a guy who seemed to think that England are crap and all Indian bowlers are better than English ones. I seriously hope he's gone as hes just like WarriorYohannan and what a pain he was...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It is Ironic - maybe we could get Agit to do an interview with Cricketweb - he's become a sort of cult hero on here!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by marc71178
It is Ironic - maybe we could get Agit to do an interview with Cricketweb - he's become a sort of cult hero on here!
What about Balaji? Or Yohannan? I think Yohannan as he's not experianced or good enough to cost much :D:lol:

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by lord_of_darkness

Are you talking about Harvinder Singh ? That guy sucks so bad that I haven't seen a worse bowler.He played some ODIs in 1997-98 or so against Pak in Toronto alongwith Debashsis Mohanty.While Mohanty was almost unplayable in the swing friendly conditions in Toronto, Harvinder was spraying all over with no semblance of any line or length.Bad balls of all types....you name it and he had it.
Thats a few games , hes can bat alrite and look at his O.D.I average speaks for itself , But for Yohannan hes had a bad patch in Test and im not asking the selectors to play him in Test But in O.d.i where his avg stands 25 odd and hes only bowled a few overs taking 5 wickets ...

Leave Agarkar out , Nehra can stay i guess he can only change from here , but if India had a Right Arm Fast and a Left Arm Fast ( Khan) combination it would be way more useful..
Harvinder Singh can bat ?? His first class average is 17...forget about international matches.

I have seen him bowl and believe me...he is the worst....he played in only six ODIs and his economy rate is about 6 :D

I don't know about Yohanan and others as I haven't seen them bowl.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Yohannan bowls straight sometimes but mostly short and widish outside the left hander's off-stump (right hander's leg-stump) and therefore is deposited to the boundary with the simple use of the square cut (or leg glance).

masterblaster

International Captain
this topic/issue is getting out of hand, James maybe you should look at it.

We dont need personal attacks on others here at cricketweb

[Edited on 14/11/2002 by masterblaster]

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Okay you guys, grow up or you'll be enjoying a martini next to the pool at Club Ban, dig?

I'm speaking to ajaagarkaraja and Rik. Put this behind you, take it to email or both of you are history for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.