• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Geraint Jones moves on

DCC_legend

International Regular
good on him!! hes showing he wants to make a comback and he wants to get back into the england team and scor plenty of runs!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shame scoring runs in Queensland Grade Cricket won't really grab the instant attention of the England selectors...

I hope his attitude is more "I want to play cricket instead of mope".

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One would think that he's not looking for quantity of runs, but rather quality. That is, he's trying to improve his game by playing cricket as often as possible, against as many different bowlers as possible and on Australian pitches.

McKanga

School Boy/Girl Captain
Shame scoring runs in Queensland Grade Cricket won't really grab the instant attention of the England selectors....
Maybe he's trying to make it into the QLD state team and ...NO! DON'T SAY IT.... eventual selection for the country he ......BE STRONG, LET IT GO ..... grew up in and played cricket in till his early 20s.....GOD I FEEL SO DIRTY!

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe he's trying to make it into the QLD state team and ...NO! DON'T SAY IT.... eventual selection for the country he ......BE STRONG, LET IT GO ..... grew up in and played cricket in till his early 20s.....GOD I FEEL SO DIRTY!
You really think he'd waste four years of his life to become eligible?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Blimey! You're a genius! You're almost as clever as Geraint Jones, who's apparently realized that he's not good enough to play for the number 2 team in the world that just got smashed 8-0 by the number 1 team in the world, so he's decided to spend 4 years trying to get selected for the number 1 team in the world! You leg'!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think each state side is restricted to one foreign player anyway. I'm guessing Scott Brant (Zim) is a foreign player?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Hasn't Brant been in Australia for 6-7 years now though? Doesn't he qualify as Australian? He played age level cricket for Queensland.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Blimey! You're a genius! You're almost as clever as Geraint Jones, who's apparently realized that he's not good enough to play for the number 2 team in the world that just got smashed 8-0 by the number 1 team in the world, so he's decided to spend 4 years trying to get selected for the number 1 team in the world! You leg'!
Uncalled for, that's a warning................................................................................................................. :p.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
*gasp* Are you calling him a cow? 2-Test ban!
Noooooooo! I was just mentioning it as an effective deterrent..

Last edited: