• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good is Michael Dighton??

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
As mentioned in my article I posted, Somerset are now after Dighton of Tasmania after being recommended to Somerset by Cox.

I know he's 26 and has an average in first class just under forty so presumably he can bat but how good is he?

Anyone with a knowledge of Oz cricket, let me know!

The best bit is he qualifies as 'english' due to an english mom.

www.somersettalk.co.uk

Eclipse

International Debutant
Well it took him a while to establish himself at FC level hence the avrage under 40 but since he moved to Tasmania he has been brilliant.

He is a tall Right hander who Hits the ball extremly hard and is probably one of the best players to watch in Australia right up there with M. Waugh.

One thing you will notice about hiss innings are that he scores a lot of boundrys if he scores a 50 it will probably have about 10x4.

Andre

International Regular
Yeah, he was from Western Australia originally, always had the talent there and has found his home at number 3 in Tasmania. One of the many guys who could play Test cricket anywhere in the world in the future bar Australia!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Originally posted by Paid The Umpire
I think he was from WA originally.

And I think I cut him from my Tasmanian team in Blewies PBEM.
And he has turned out as one of my best batsman this season.

I personally dont think he is that good, I doubt he will ever go above his current level. But like most Australians that play county he will probably go pretty will over there.