• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

adharcric

International Coach
That's the thing. They don't care about getting an "indication" of the better team. Each team is here solely for WC preparation.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Agreed that its for WC preparations, but i just like to see a clear out right winner and the easiest way is to either make a 3 match series or a 5 match series.

adharcric

International Coach
That's fine. I was just explaining why the folks who scheduled the series didn't bother with an odd number of tests.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Anyway are the squads announced yet? or will it be announced at a later date.

I just hope that all our bowlers are in full swing for this.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
adharcric speaks sense. The fact that the current India-WI series is only four matches long allows India to better prepare for the World Cup. Because in their current position they can afford to play a 2nd string team in the final match without compromising with a series loss.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Since Vaas and Murali will be missing out on this tour, the Indians need to watch out for Malinga. It will be good practice, however, with his lively bowling.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka without Vaas and Murali IMO have a hopeless bowling attack with the likes of Malinga(who's the best after these two)Fernando,Perera and Kulasekera.If India don't win this series I'll be very,very surprised.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I'm putting a boat load on India, really if they lose it'd be disgraceful. Not necessarily trying to be harsh on SL, but if you take out the two best bowlers of any team (probably bar Aus) they'd all lose to any of the top 7 teams in a series I reckon. Particularly two of the class of Murali and Vaas.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You quite like to have the odd bet don't you Jono? Anyway I'm back Lasith Malinga to have a good series.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I'll laugh so hard if we win a game or India don't score over 300 in any one of the matches. I can't see Malinga carrying the attack by himself.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Will the Sri Lankan team be something like this

Upal Tharanga
Sanath Jayasuriya
Kumar Sangakkara
Mahela Jayawardene
Marvin Atapattu
Tillakaratne Dilshan
Chamara Kapugederea
Farveez Maharoof
Lasith Malinga
Malinga Bandara
Dilhara Fernando

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Think they rested Chamara Kapugederea.

Chandana and Arnold have returned, and will definitely get a game or two, if not more.

skipper

School Boy/Girl Captain
Malinga will be dispatched by the likes of Utappa, MS Dhoni. You heard it here: This is an IMPACT series with most of the wickets predicted to be batting paradises. Few bowlers (in both sides) will be scraped off from the WC list!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh dear God, India paying 1.61 to win the series, SL 5.50 and a draw 3.20.

Its like a blessing, and yes I see the irony of that statement considering I'm talking about gambling. That's such good value for India its not even funny.

What it comes down to, and a mate of mine said it today at cricket training, if India can't win 3 out of 4 ODI matches at home against a SL team without Murali and Vaas, it shouldn't bother going to the World Cup.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well look, India only have an outside shot at getting to the finals anyway. And if we get there, we know the choke-fest that will surely ensue. So I don't really have much hope. I am just rooting for exciting games, and maybe an upset or two against the Aussies or SAffies who will surely be the two favorites going in.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Surely you won't watch, since its ODI cricket, and there's like 45-50 days of it, pretty much straight.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India should be able to amass some huge totals against the second rate Sri Lankan bowlers (Malinga excluded).

biased indian

International Coach
Any one going for match today ????

i am Gate 11 F1 Block..........................

lts little cloudy though today compared to the last two days,,,, and

it slightly rained in the night also