• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia 'A' Side to take on England

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by age_master
beavn is the black sheep of aussie test cricket, and will not get another go - a shame casue he is an awsome player in both forms of the game, not just one dayers
He's got an average of 29.07 in tests, not very awe-inspiring, that.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by anilramavarma
beavn is the black sheep of aussie test cricket, and will not get another go - a shame casue he is an awsome player in both forms of the game, not just one dayers
He's got an average of 29.07 in tests, not very awe-inspiring, that.
As I have been told enough times...Average doesn't mean everything...he had a problem with the short ball then...now he can rarely get out, so I think he's cured that defect...or at least worked on it enough for it not to be a problem any more.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Let's look at it like this:

How many of the Australia A side would be in England's Test XI.

Eleven.

Crap.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
Let's look at it like this:

How many of the Australia A side would be in England's Test XI.

Eleven.

Crap.
I doubt England would pick North or Williams.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The thing is guys like North and Clarke are being given the chance to show, U only have to look at the quality left out of the side to see what the luxury of the Selectors is...

These players were left out of the side and would make almost any team in the world...

M.Bevan
S.Katich
M.Hussey
N.Bracken
B.Hodge
A.Symonds
M.Kasprowicz
D.Fleming
S.MacGill

They have taken the opportunity to give some of the younger guys a go with the likes of Maher, Blewett, and Elliott to lead the way...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yeah your rihgt, Trescothick would prob get in ahead of North but WIlliams is far supirior to any of the negland bowlers

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Personally I wouldn't have put Blewett, Clarke, Clark, Elliott, Love, Noffke or North in.

Possible Maher, Haddin and Williams.

Definitely Hauritz.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah your rihgt, Trescothick would prob get in ahead of North but WIlliams is far supirior to any of the negland bowlers
When England last played him he played like a man with an average of 30 with the ball and took 1-60 odd or sommit...not very impressive. So to say he is better than any English bowler is foolhardy, Caddick and Gough are way ahead of Williams and even though Hoggard had a shocker I would rate him higher than Williams.

anzac

International Debutant
I agree with the reasoning to the mix - old heads with plenty of international form & still young enough to claim a spot mixed in with new tryos to the international scene....

me I'm just happy to see Blewett & Elliott in the team as I rate them both ahead of Langer (by the way I am not actually anti Langer - as strange as that may seem)....

:D