• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shopping for a new coach after the World Cup

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah. What if India have a crap ass world cup? Would you want to keep Greg in just because he got us a series win in WI, and so far a win in Saf?
Probably not... But even if we have a decent WC, keep him. Also, if we beat Pakistan, I don't care how bad a WC we had keep him. If we lose, I don't care if we end up winning the WC, fire him. Just don't lose to Pakistan!

Dravid

International Captain
More than enough.
Again, ODIs may not have much importance to you, but you have to look at performance in both form when looking for a coach. And besides the WI and Saf series, are test year hasn't been that good either.

If you look at both forms of the game, Greg doesn't deserve to be Indias coach atm.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yeah. What if India have a crap ass world cup?
If we WIN in SA and we've already won in WI, then we can lose to USA and the Netherlands in the world cup and I wouldn't give a crap. And I'd call it the most successful time in the history of Indian cricket since I've been watching it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Again, ODIs may not have much importance to you, but you have to look at performance in both form when looking for a coach. And besides the WI and Saf series, are test year hasn't been that good either.
Oh you mean besides the first series victory in WI in 35 years, and besides the first win ever in South Africa? 8-)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I never said to care about tests, but I tell you what - WE NEVER WIN SERIES ABROAD. We're winning them now, and it would be the pinnacle of retardeness to call that a failure, regardless of what happens in ODI.
It's not JUST ODIs, it's the World Cup. Bigger than any test series abroad.

Dravid

International Captain
I never said to care about tests, but I tell you what - WE NEVER WIN SERIES ABROAD. We're winning them now, and it would be the pinnacle of retardeness to call that a failure, regardless of what happens in ODI.
Biggest problem with Indian Cricket. We keep players for single performances, and now you are talking about keeping a coach on a single performance. I agree we don't win overseas, but couple of good series isn't enough to wash out the horrible year we had.

Dravid

International Captain
If we WIN in SA and we've already won in WI, then we can lose to USA and the Netherlands in the world cup and I wouldn't give a crap. And I'd call it the most successful time in the history of Indian cricket since I've been watching it.
See again, that's just you, because ODIs have no importance to you. It does to a lot of other people, and that doesn't mean they are wrong because they care about ODIs

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Biggest problem with Indian Cricket. We keep players for single performances, and now you are talking about keeping a coach on a single performance. I agree we don't win overseas, but couple of good series isn't enough to wash out the horrible year we had.
Um, winning two series against WI and RSA, in WI AND RSA equates to much more than a 'couple'. Winning test matches is not easy.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
See again, that's just you, because ODIs have no importance to you. It does to a lot of other people, and that doesn't mean they are wrong because they care about ODIs
That also doesn't mean the BCCI should discard what little dignity they have and listen to the brain dead idiots who can

Dravid

International Captain
Oh you mean besides the first series victory in WI in 35 years, and besides the first win ever in South Africa? 8-)
Yes. SS, it's a big thing, but face the fact...India had a horrible year. Your keeping a coach on single performances, not his over all record, much like what India is doing to Sehwag.

Dravid

International Captain
That also doesn't mean the BCCI should discard what little dignity they have and listen to the brain dead idiots who can
Haha brain dead idiots? If anyone is acting like a brain dead idiot right now is you, on keeping Greg only for his win in WI. You say brain dead idiots don't show the importance in tests, you don't show importance in ODIs

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, I'de rate India's chances of winning another Test in the WI higher than them winning the WC :dry: .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yes. SS, it's a big thing, but face the fact...India had a horrible year. Your keeping a coach on single performances, not his over all record, much like what India is doing to Sehwag.
LOL @ you.

India:

Ind in SA: W or D (most likely)
Ind in WI: W
Eng in Ind: D
Ind in PAK: L (basically best of one due to the pitches)
SL in Ind: W

Oh yea, horrible horrible record, no?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha brain dead idiots? If anyone is acting like a brain dead idiot right now is you, on keeping Greg only for his win in WI.
Before this series, we had never won a series in SA. Ever.

Ever. So now thats TWO back to back wins. How many times had we done that before? How many DECADES AGO?

Dravid

International Captain
LOL @ you.

India:

Ind in SA: W or D (most likely)
Ind in WI: W
Eng in Ind: D
Ind in PAK: L (basically best of one due to the pitches)
SL in Ind: W

Oh yea, horrible horrible record, no?
And we are supposed to be good in our house, and we can only manage a draw against England!?