• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne and Mcgrath retiring after the 5th Ashes test!!!

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Announcment tomorrow. Huge blow to the australian team. Without them we will struggle imo. They have bailed us out of so many games.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Pretty surprising. It might very well be true (probably true), but I'd like to see an article or something first. Something so big needs some confirmation.

adharcric

International Coach
Dude WTF ... surely this is some troll playing a stupid prank I told myself. Still want to hear it from additional sources before I believe it.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Practically crying right now tbh....

Warne surprises me, not so much McGrath-- I imagine any announcement from him would be regarding test cricket, with the World Cup still to play?

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
pasag said:
There's nothing on McGrath on SKY or the net.
The news report said Mcgrath is retiring as well at the end of their warne report. Seems like they want to go out together which makes sense.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is a sad day. Channel 9 had the story on Warney and also mentioned McGrath in the same piece.
What a couple of players - >1300 test wickets between them.
Still, will make my day 4 tickets to Sydney pretty valuable.
Can't believe how heavy-hearted I am about it, despite knowing it was coming sooner than later.

oz_fan

International Regular
Shocked to hear that. I expected McGrath to go after the 2007 World Cup and Warne to play on till the next Ashes series. Hopefully this isn't true and just a rumour that won't eventuate.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just wanted Warne to carry on forever. This is just to hard to handle.