• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Power Cricket: Returns

Rich2001

International Captain
It has been announced that Power Cricket will be returning to Wales in Jan 03.

This time it will be a Rest Of The World team to take on a Asia

Players been confirmed so far

ROTW

S.Fleming (Cap)
D.Cork
A.Flower
Matthew Maynard
Courtney Walsh
Nathan Astle

Asian X1

Raul.Dravid
S.Akhtar
W.Akram
Mohammed Kaif

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Interesting how Wasim and Shoaib will allow themselves to play then when they're getting appearance money no doubt!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well i guess Fleming & Astle need to earn some money somehow.

But this is the interesting part....NZ are meant to be in the middle of an ODI series with India during January..infact im going to the ODI in Queenstown on the 4th. So this is quite bizarre, are you sure this list is correct?

If it is then obviously Astle & Fleming firmly believe they will not be playing India which makes me want to hit something.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
And presumably, Dravid & Kaif will also be in NZ. So either the list is false or the date is wrong.

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by age_master
what exactly is this, looks like a load of crap too me with those players (no aussiees???)
That's because they will all be in Australia playing England and Sri Lanka......

And Tim the date is around the 25th of Jan, not sure if that makes a difference without checking...

And going by the current situation players like Astle / Fleming wont even be involded in the series, with this pay dispute

[Edited on 7/11/02 by Rich2001]

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh great...another chance for no one to go and watch cricket where all the scoring rules are changed...no wonder no one gave a damn about it

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Looks a bit amusing that this brand of cricket is being supported in England rather then in Ausralia.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
No. I was talking about the authorities. The public may not be interested (though i didn't know that either)