• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the CC posters.

adharcric

International Coach
Adamc said:
Not much point just using members over a certain amount of posts, as there are plenty who rarely post in CC (like me in the last year or so). There are a lot of people with fewer posts who contribute more actively to CC.
Still, if you don't have 1000 posts you're clearly a newcomer. Even guys that have joined a few months back should have 1000 posts if they've been active.
If you haven't been active, I doubt people will know enough about you to vote for you.

adharcric

International Coach
pasag said:
Really can't see this lasting too long tbh, with people calling each other biased, arrogant etc. Hey, if it works it's a testament to the people here but I won't hold my breath. Also this will probably turn into a popularity contest anyways.

That being said, if it works out and is done in the right spirit it should be fun.
My thoughts exactly. Let's give it a chance though.

Dravid

International Captain
Adamc said:
Not much point just using members over a certain amount of posts, as there are plenty who rarely post in CC (like me in the last year or so). There are a lot of people with fewer posts who contribute more actively to CC.
Well I'm short listing the names from people who post in CC. I'm going through threads in all sub forms for CC and the people that post often are the ones I'm adding.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
Still, if you don't have 1000 posts you're clearly a newcomer. Even guys that have joined a few months back should have 1000 posts if they've been active.
If you haven't been active, I doubt people will know enough about you to vote for you.
The thing is how much of those 1000 posts are from CC, a lot of guys with high post count never come to CC. A lot of regular posters view other parts of the fourm and never post in CC.

adharcric

International Coach
chaminda_00 said:
The thing is how much of those 1000 posts are from CC, a lot of guys with high post count never come to CC. A lot of regular posters view other parts of the fourm and never post in CC.
Good point. I find it quite bizarre that there are so many people who spend all their time in OT. It's a cricket forum ...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
Good point. I find it quite bizarre that there are so many people who spend all their time in OT. It's a cricket forum ...
Probably due to the fact that you get the same old pointless debates coming up in CC. I wasn't active on CC for about six months and i've come back and half the threads are just about the same old things, it gets pretty boring quicky. Atleast with other parts such as OT you get different topics from time to time. Also the other parts are a bit more interactive.

adharcric

International Coach
chaminda_00 said:
Probably due to the fact that you get the same old pointless debates coming up in CC. I wasn't active on CC for about six months and i've come back and half the threads are just about the same old things, it gets pretty boring quicky. Atleast with other parts such as OT you get different topics from time to time. Also the other parts are a bit more interactive.
Well yeah that's true. For me, CC never gets old because SS is always there to argue with and there are plenty ready to talk Indian cricket any day of the week.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
chaminda_00 said:
Amen.

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
Well yeah that's true. For me, CC never gets old because SS is always there to argue with and there are plenty ready to talk Indian cricket any day of the week.
Same here. CC never gets old. I see new topics everyday so I don't see how it gets old. It's not like we are only discussing Sachin vs Lara all the time.

Dravid

International Captain
This is what I got so far. It's not final as I'm still going through the forums looking for members. You can still comment on it how ever and suggest if someone needs to be added or removed.

Dravid
Perm
Adharcric
SilentStriker
PhoenixFire
NZTailender
Jono
AussieDominance
aussie
aussie tragic
dontcloseyoureyes
PY
Dasa
marc71178
pasag
shortpitched713
age_master
Eclipse
chaminda_00
Jason
luffy
Mister Wright
open365
vic_orthdox
Nnanden
Kweek
chooka_nick
andyc
Jamee999
Matt79
oz_fan
Craig
cameeel
Clapo
grecian
Neil Pickup
Samuel_Vimes
Lillian Thomson
BoyBrumby
Matteh
Got_Spin
archie mac
Goughy
Turbinator
Anil
nightprowler10
Langeveldt
Jungle Jumbo
Pratyush
SJS
Barney Rubble
Geraintismyhero
Buddhmaster
superkingdave
steds
TT Boy
honestbharani
Fusion
FaaipDeOiad
Son of Coco

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
/any battles.

For the concept. Slow Love to win all the way, followed closely by the always lively Chubshub.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
If you open the members list and sort it by posts it currently shows there to be 177 members with more than 1000. I don't know how many are still posting currently.

You can count me out of any final line-up whatever the criteria. I don't have over 1000 posts but I do have an unfair advantage in that I have a pet tortoise called Gerald.