• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Congrats Mohammed Yousuf for breaking Viv's record

PhoenixFire

International Coach
The Sean said:
Lol

Glenn McGrath is the greatest, bestest, handsomest, gunnest bowler in the history of everything.

Do I fit in now? ;)
Only with his creepy lot.

I don't think Glenn McGrath the greatest, and SS does, remember that.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
I don't think Glenn McGrath the greatest
Heretic! There is no logical reason for McGrath not to be the greatest, bestest, handsomest, gunnest bowler in the history of everything unless you have a odd fixation with fast bowlers who have as much chance of hitting the site screen as they do the off stump.

;)

PhoenixFire

International Coach
silentstriker said:
No offense to Trueman, but against the sheer might of Glenn McGrath, even the greatest of them crumble. :ph34r:
He wasn't that much less accurate, a hell of a lot faster and swung the ball more.

Natman20

International Debutant
Back to the topic. Yousuf has had a bradmanesque year scoring at a rate of 99.?? He is a great batsman. Recently I stated that Ponting was much better but I might have to change my mind if he can consistently perform like he has been doing now.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
He wasn't that much less accurate, a hell of a lot faster and swung the ball more.
If he swung the ball more, and was a lot faster, and did not lose much accuracy, then he would have averaged 5 in test match cricket with a strike rate of 14. Especially considering when he played.

GDR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Congrats to Muhammad Yousuf. He's been fantabulous this year. :) He is on his way to being an all time great and already is a Legend in Pakistan. No doubt he is the best batsman in the world at the moment.

With these 2 100's in this match, i wonder if he'll just edge the No.1 postion of R.Ponting.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
No, he averaged around right, what dont you believe?

Well if he had the accuracy of McGrath with the addition to more pace, and more swing, wouldn't his statistics be better than McGrath instead of being pretty much the same? Especially considering he didn't play in a batsman friendly era with roads as pitches? I mean he'd have to average like 10 with the ball, at least. With all the gifts that you prescribe to him.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I didn't say he had the same accuracy of McGrath, he has a fair bit less, but not that much. His pace and swing more than compensate for that in my eyes.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
I didn't say he had the same accuracy of McGrath, he has a fair bit less,
Yes, fair enough.

His pace and swing more than compensate for that in my eyes.
No, not fair enough. If that were true, its certainly has not shown up in his record, as it is similar to McGrath even though playing in an era that did not penalize bowlers as much as now. Plus, he didn't take the type of wickets McGrath did (i.e top order uber-player wickets). Sobers averages 62 against him, as example.