• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hong Kong Sixes Tournament

V Reddy

International Debutant
Robin Singh hit a six of the last ball to win the match against SAF, Played to his reputation.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know why he was dropped by India from their ODI squad...he's still a very good ODI Player!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
But the Indian selectors at this time have a carrot in their head replacing the brain.,..

They should give Robin Singh another chance he was another mean fielder

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmmm but if you look at our squad how many big hitting batsmen did we take? I think the count is...0

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Rik
I don't know why he was dropped by India from their ODI squad...he's still a very good ODI Player!
And where exactly would he fit into that line-up - the only slot I can see is the one I've been touting Sanjay for.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
:( We lost the final to Pakistan...
On the other hand, we reached the final, and players like Irani and Silverwood bowled very well at times.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aussie squad:

Craig McDermott

One of our better Test and One-Day fast bowlers. Mind, hasn't played for a few years.............

Dene Hills

Used to open the batting for Tasmania. I remember watching him struggle against genuine pace. Other than that, was a pretty damn good player.

Ben Southam

Sheesh, who did he know to get this gig? Has been a decent club player for Port Adelaide here in SA for many years but only played a couple of FC/one-day games.

Scott Prestwidge

Was a regular for Queensland for a few years, even playing a match-winning knock in a Mercantile Mutual Cup final one year. Another solid player.

Colin Miller

Well, everyone knows him. :)

Shaun Young

Was always one of Tassie's better players but has fallen out of favour now.

So yeah, mainly a bunch of unknowns! I think their intentions for being there are a little less than for the hard cricket they'll face...............:D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Rik
Hmmmm but if you look at our squad how many big hitting batsmen did we take? I think the count is...0
Erm, so what are Collingwood, Irani and Hollioake then?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean the Blackwells and maybe a few good young players like Kabir Ali and Jamie Troughan (or however his damn name is spelt) would have been fun to watch.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
And where exactly would he fit into that line-up - the only slot I can see is the one I've been touting Sanjay for.
I think he would do better than Sanjay can and that way give Sanjay somemore time to mature until then Robin Singh will be of retiring age

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Rik
I mean the Blackwells and maybe a few good young players like Kabir Ali and Jamie Troughan (or however his damn name is spelt) would have been fun to watch.
The thing is, you said big hitters, and Troughton certainly isn't that! Besides which, it's better for that sort of player to be at the Academy then a silly 2 day knock a round.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Because Troughtan scores very quickly!

Oh and has anyone noticed that Bangar isn't really "young" at all!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Just because a batsman scores quickly doesn't mean he's a big hitter - look at Vaughan at the moment.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but hes making up for his slow scoring when he 1st came into the side...now he's more confident hes a much more impressive player. Without the confidence I think he would have been dropped a while ago as he's now a completely different player...much less like Ramprakash (ie terrified of faliure so batting defensively) and hes now a much better player. I didn't used to rate him...I can't help but rate him now...and hope he can turn it on for the Ashes!