• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** Sri Lanka in New Zealand

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sri Lanka looking quite likely to survive the session with only 3 down, they can be pretty happy with that considering the number of times they've been beaten by some good NZ bowling.

Seen as many play & misses as connections with the middle of the bat in this session.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
NZTailender said:
Oh, ambitious. :p I'm going to look that up right now.

Edit: 23 runs. Haha. I won't take it up personally, but if he fails to do it...hmm...

Then you have to have a picture of Craig McMillan as your avatar for 1 week :p
Deal.

Pondering a good one for you in return, tho. How about Silva scoring more runs than Oram? ;)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Samuel_Vimes said:
Deal.

Pondering a good one for you in return, tho. How about Silva scoring more runs than Oram? ;)

Okay, I'll take that up. For the same avatar?

_Ed_

I'm quite frightened by the possibility of having 2 Craig McMillan avatars on the forum. :unsure:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Weird session really, never seen so many plays and misses to the extent that it became the norm. A good ball moving away with the batsman sticking the bat there and just missing became "meh."

Jayawardene's dismissal was really poor. SL going in 2 down at lunch would have been decent considering the pitch was allowing some movement and the skies were overcast for about the first hour or so. But for the skipper to go out in such stupid fashion hurt.

How good is Bond? That ball to get Sanga was awesome. His test bowling average could dip well below 20 by the end of this test.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BONDY!!!

I just seen the last 30 minurtes on TV but I've been listening on the radio which is good, hope Kapugedara and Tharanga can stick together for a while.

_Ed_

NZTailender said:
hough I agree Dilshan should be in the side - perhaps ahead of Silva.
Silva b Franklin 0

Yes, I think that would have been a good idea.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You'd think the Lankans would have been able to bat on NZ wickets by now considering they've been to NZ three times in the last three seasons.

Natman20

International Debutant
the radio commentary team said nz bowlers were bowling good lines for most of the day so far. Hope Sri Lanka can be more competitive. Why is Vaas always in at this time of an innings? His batting abilities would be more worthwhile down the order more as he IMO is not likely to score a great score.

_Ed_

I think number 8 is a decent spot for him, he averages 22 which isn't the worst.

_Ed_

Bond wasn't quite so good after lunch, and Franklin has been dropping a couple short. Still bowling some excellent deliveries though and keeping the Sri Lankan batsmen on their toes.

_Ed_

As much as I criticise Martin's ongoing selection in the team, I hope he can get his 100th wicket today. Gone so close on a couple of occasions in what has been an excellent spell, he only needs one more.