• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team's alltime XI is best?

Which alltime XI would enjoy the most success against its counterparts?

• Total voters

Salamuddin

International Debutant
what load of nonsense!!! all for saying a mediocre leggie who had a strike rate of 72 and averaged 47 away from home does not belong in the elite class of spinners? you need some serious soul searching dude. discuss cricket here. dont use this forum to vent out your pent up aggression to a non existent enemy.

coming back to cricket why do you think qadir belongs in the pantheon of great spinners? make a case that'll put him on par with oreilly, grimmett, laker, warne and murali!
Agreed. Qadir I always felt was a bit overrated even if he did have a fair amount of success at home.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Is anyone going to make a Bangladesh all time team? Judging by the poll it's the 4th best country LOL.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
BANGLADESH ALL TIME XI
1 Javed Omar
2 Shariar Nafees
3 Habibul Bashar
4 Aminul Islam
5 Mohammed Ashraful
6 Rajin Saleh
7 Khaled Mashud
8 Mushrafe Mortaza
9 Mohammed Rafique
10 Enamul Haque Jnr
11 Syed Rasel

Prince you should Sim this team against the winner of the Australia vs Windies series..

Salamuddin

International Debutant
West Indies. With a lineup that will likely consist of Sobers, Viv, Lara, Marshal, Ambrose, Walsh etc, they'll be hard to beat. Australia and Pakistan will come next for me.

What would be Pakistan's best lineup of all time ? I'll take a stab ......

Saeed Anwar
Hanif Mohammad (wk) understand Hanif kept wicket as well.
Javed Miandad
Zaheer Abbas
Inzi
Mohammad Yousuf
Imran Khan
Wasim Akram
Saqlain
Qadir
Waqar Younis

Fazal mahmood (12th Man)

Excellent pace attack but gee I dunno.....I think that batting lineup lacks the class of others......

The spin dept was decent although I don't think Saqlain in tests was as great as a lot of Pakistanis make him out to be Quadir was bit overrated.

So really its only the pace attack that's the shining light for this team....
Pakistan were great in 1 dept (pace) and merely decent (batting and spin)in two others.
Australia were great in all three and the West Indies/England/South Africa in 2 (batting and pace) and decent in spin.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
What would be Pakistan's best lineup of all time ? I'll take a stab ......

Saeed Anwar
Hanif Mohammad (wk) understand Hanif kept wicket as well.
Javed Miandad
Zaheer Abbas
Inzi
Mohammad Yousuf
Imran Khan
Wasim Akram
Saqlain
Qadir
Waqar Younis

Fazal mahmood (12th Man)

Excellent pace attack but gee I dunno.....I think that batting lineup lacks the class of others......

The spin dept was decent although I don't think Saqlain in tests was as great as a lot of Pakistanis make him out to be Quadir was bit overrated.

So really its only the pace attack that's the shining light for this team....
Pakistan were great in 1 dept (pace) and merely decent (batting and spin)in two others.
Australia were great in all three and the West Indies/England/South Africa in 2 (batting and pace) and decent in spin.
Agree with everything you've said in your assessments.

adharcric

International Coach
Venter said:
England have the better batsmen and their fast bowling pool is every bit as good as Pakistan with the likes of Trueman, Tyson, Snow, Bedser, Larwood et al
Trueman is the only one in that group who is as good as the Pakistani trio of Imran/Wasim/Waqar.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Trueman is the only one in that group who is as good as the Pakistani trio of Imran/Wasim/Waqar.
Doesn't matter, because England have a much better pool of bowlers and I think they would have an equally strong (in not better) bowling attack and a much better batting. So I dont understand how Pakistan All time XI can be better than England's.

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
Imran and Botham are essentially equivalent, Imran has the edge.

Trueman/Tyson vs Wasim/Waqar? Again, it's pretty even and hard to compare them in the different eras.

Salaqin Mushtaq/Abdul Qadir vs Jim Laker? Mushtaq/Qadir is roadkill.

So you can't really say that Pakistan has the better bowling attack in my opinion. Might have a slight advantage in pace though, but then England has the advantage in spin.

adharcric

International Coach
Doesn't matter, because England have a much better pool of bowlers and I think they would have an equally strong (in not better) bowling attack and a much better batting. So I dont understand how Pakistan All time XI can be better than England's.
Did I ever make that argument?

adharcric

International Coach
Shaggy Alfresco said:
Imran and Botham are essentially equivalent, Imran has the edge.
Edge? Imran by a mile with the ball.
Shaggy Alfresco said:
Trueman/Tyson vs Wasim/Waqar? Again, it's pretty even and hard to compare them in the different eras.
Tough comparison. Regarding Tyson, I have heard more about him being fast than him being very good.
Shaggy Alfresco said:
Salaqin Mushtaq/Abdul Qadir vs Jim Laker? Mushtaq/Qadir is roadkill.
Agreed.
Shaggy Alfresco said:
So you can't really say that Pakistan has the better bowling attack in my opinion. Might have a slight advantage in pace though, but then England has the advantage in spin.
Once again, I never said that. Talking solely about the pace attacks. England > Pakistan overall.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Pakistan would get walloped by England for mine. Australia just ahead of Windies, then daylight, England, more daylight, Pakistan then the rest is pretty academic.

Prince - when is the next simmed test occuring and can you tell me where you got the software to do the match - salivating to have a go at it...

Matt79

Global Moderator
Cheers mate.

Yeah, I'd be prepared to look at buying a licence for it - depending on cost. If it's not share/freeware, I'm not planning to get it for free...

adharcric

International Coach
West Indies in Australia - Tour Squads

Based upon the feedback, here are the tour squads.

West Indies
Greenidge, Hunte, Haynes, Richards, Lara, Headley, Sobers, Weekes, Dujon, Walcott, Marshall, Ambrose, Garner, Holding, Walsh, Gibbs

Australia
Trumper, Hayden, Morris, Bradman, Ponting, Chappell, Waugh, Harvey, Miller, Gilchrist, McGrath, Lillee, Davidson, Lindwall, Warne, O'Reilly

Prince EWS or Matt79, who will sim the tests?

As for the venues, how about Brisbane - Perth - Melbourne - Sydney - Adelaide?

Matt79

Global Moderator
I have no means of simming apart from a paper, pen, and speculation. :(

I'll nominate the XIs if people like, from the above squads:
WI:
Greenidge, Worrell*, Richards, Lara, Headley, Sobers, Walcott+, Marshall, Holding,Ambrose, Garner.
Aus:
Trumper, Morris, Bradman*, Chappell, Waugh, Miller, Gilchrist+, Warne, Lindwall, Lillee, McGrath.

Garner comes in for Gibbs - back to the pace quartet, with Sobers and Richards to do the tweaking if required. Hunte still misses out on the back of Worrell's encouraging return as an opener, and Headley will be persisted with for another match...

For the Aussies, O'Reilly makes way for an extra quick, and Waugh comes in for Punter.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
I have no means of simming apart from a paper, pen, and speculation. :(

I'll nominate the XIs if people like, from the above squads:
WI:
Greenidge, Hunte, Richards, Lara, Headley, Sobers, Dujon+, Marshall, Holding,Ambrose, Garner.
Aus:
Trumper, Morris, Bradman, Chappell, Waugh, Miller, Gilchrist+, Warne, Lindwall, Lillee, McGrath.
Go nuts :p

Matt79

Global Moderator
Well I'm picking from the squads offered, and there's only Hayden as a back-up opener. I'm not dropping either Trumper or Morris for Hayden against a team that has Marshall, Ambrose, Holding and maybe Garner.

Feel a bit bad for axing Punter actually, he did more than either opener. But I think Waugh is needed...

adharcric

International Coach
You should start afresh. This is a new series - the previous match that Prince simmed can be ignored. Oh yeah, Worrell isn't in the squad. :p