• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

To all indian fans: India v SA or the Ashes??

Nishant

International 12th Man
This should be quite an interesting question. As an indian fan i would always like to watch india play rather than any other team. But, the ashes is seen as a very big event. Would indian fans sacrifice watching their own team play to watch one of the biggest test match events in cricket?

I, myself, am not too sure about this.....but i'll go for indi v SA, as an indian fan!!!!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ashes, though its very close.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure. I am really looking forward to the SA series, I think its a very important tour for India. So its a toughie. I'll be watching both.

Last edited:

shankar

International Debutant
If it's like last year's Ashes then the Ashes, obviously. But that would be true, whichever series it is between whichever teams, nothing particular about the Ashes.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Obviously your country should come first though if you are facing Ban or Zim then it could be different.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Xuhaib said:
Obviously your country should come first though if you are facing Ban or Zim then it could be different.
IMO good cricket should come first.

I think SA series would be good cricket, but if it turns into one sided (which it might) cricket, I'd much rather watch the Ashes (assuming that isn't one sided).

andmark

International Captain
Xuhaib said:
Bangladesh and Zimbabwe would be a good series.

R_D

International Debutant
I'd pick India's matches anyday.
I've only been watching Ashes since about 8 or 9 years ago and it was only good last year.. other than that it has been pretty one sided baring one or 2 matches in between. Its only been a big hype until of course last year... i dare say there's a big hype over Ashes this summer already and i wouldn't be suprised if England team let everyone down.. mainly due to injuries of course.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
India by FAR!!!!!!!!!!!! No doubt about it. If India is playing, don't care who, I will watch no matter what, everything else can wait.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Dravid said:
Are the games even going to be on at the same time?
I think the last India/SAF ODI might clash with the first Ashes test, and then there's a few clashes here and there through the test series. I think the timezone differences ought to keep them apart though. From memory, tests in South Africa roughly start around 10pm here in Melbourne.

adharcric

International Coach
Dravid said:
Just switch channels every over and watch both.
Better yet, use a second computer to play the second match. I'll probably go to an engineering lab and play several matches on multiple computers and hook them up to 50" plasmas for everyone to watch. :p

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
Better yet, use a second computer to play the second match. I'll probably go to one of my engineering labs so I can play several matches on multiple computers and hook them up to 50" plasma TVs in there. :p
I'm going to be watching it on TV in India for free. Currently in India.