• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** Zimbabwe in Bangladesh

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
The Baconator said:
Good report Alex, keep it up. This Bangladesh side is looking pretty solid at the moment, but I'm not sure how much you can read into the spinners' performances: turning wickets, inexperienced batsmen. I suppose the only real change that could be made would be a third seamer in Farhad Reza in for one of the batsmen, probably Ashraful.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another solid performance by Bangladesh, good batting from Nafees and Saqibul Hasan.

Perm

Zimbabwe won the toss and elected to bowl first, Bangladesh currently 69/1 of 10 overs. Shahriar Nafees caught at leg gully by Gary Brent of the bowling of Elton Chigumbura for 35 off 34 balls. Mehrab Hossain 24*, Aftab Ahmed 4*.

Perm

Closer game this time and none of the Bangladesh batsman got a big score which helped Zimbabwe, this Williams chap they have playing for them seems pretty handy. Well done to Abdur Razzaq on the 5'fer aswell.

Jungle Jumbo

Poor effort from Bangladesh in the last game - they really want to be making closer to 300 against such opposition. I'm not sure how much you can read into the success of the spinners either, since Zimbabwe have little experience of Asian conditions and the pitches are likely to have been produced to suit a three-man spin attack. If Rafique or Mashud were a bit more dependable with the bat they could play as a genuine batsman at six and then open up another slot for a medium-pacer.

Incidentally, the squads for the last two ODIs vs Zimbabwe and the two first-class A-team games have been revealed:

One-day squad Habibul Bashar (capt), Shahriar Nafees, Khaled Mashud, Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, Mohammad Rafique, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, Shahadat Hossain, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel, Saqibul Hasan, Farhad Reza, Mehrab Hossain jnr

Can't really understand why Rahim has been selected as he's done nothing at all so far on the domestic scene. I suppose they just want him in and around the squad.

Bangladesh A Tushar Imran (capt), Javed Omar, Gazi Salauddin, Rajin Saleh, Manjural Islam, Alok Kapali, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah Riyad, Tapash Baisya, Nazmul Hossain, Enamul Haque jnr, Mohammad Shahzada, Mohammad Sharif

Solid side which should still be good enough to beat the full Zimbabwe side. I'm a bit unsure about Riyad's selection though, he appears to be a bits-and-pieces utility player but I'd rather see a genuine batsmen, like Nazmus Sadat. Shahzada has been in awesome form in the National Cricket League.

For Scotland's warm-up game:
BCCB Academy Nadif Chowdhury (capt), Nazmus Sadat, Tamim Iqbal, Jahurul Islam, Marshall Ayub, Sirajullah Khadeem, Saghir Hussain , Suhrawadi Shuvo, Ishraq Sonnet, Mosharraf Hossain , Dollar Mahmud, Shafaq Al Zabir, Rezaul Islam

Another pretty good looking side: Nazmus, Tamim and Jahurul make a decent combination of solidarity and flair at the top of the order, with some real shots coming from Nadif and Marshall in the middle order. Loads of all-rounders too.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Jungle Jumbo said:
Can't really understand why Rahim has been selected as he's done nothing at all so far on the domestic scene. I suppose they just want him in and around the squad.
they probably want him to take over khaled mashud at the gloves later on...giving him some experience ahead of the time when mashud retires.

Jungle Jumbo

Shouldn't have been that close, not with the depth of Bangladeshi batting. In the past they've often been criticised for throwing wickets away and that still seems to be the case. At least Bashar showed some form.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
April 1997, when they won nine in a row on their way to the ICC Trophy.

Argentina, West Africa, Denmark, UAE, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Holland, Scotland, Kenya.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Its already 6 in a row actually. You forgot their last match of group stage of Champions Trypohy against Zimbabwe. It should be 8 after Scotland series. What is the world record of consequitive wins in ODI(excepting Australia)?

Tomm NCCC said:
When was the last time Bangladesh won 5 games in a row? :laugh:

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
crickmate said:
Its already 6 in a row actually. You forgot their last match of group stage of Champions Trypohy against Zimbabwe. It should be 8 after Scotland series. What is the world record of consequitive wins in ODI(excepting Australia)?
South Africa are second with 12.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
According to today's news there is a good chance of away series for Bangladesh in Zimbabwe in February. So, most probably South Africa will be third very soon. :laugh:

TT Boy said:
South Africa are second with 12.

shortpitched713

International Captain
silentstriker said:
In Zimbabwe, I don' t know if they can do a clean sweep. Good show from the Bangladeshis at home though.
Yeah, subcontinental teams have never played a good match away from home.
Should be a 5-0 Zim sweep against those home pitch bullies. 8-)

crickmate

U19 12th Man
The difference between BD and ZIM is increasing every day. So, in worst case the result will be 4-1 in favour of BD, I would say.

shortpitched713 said:
Yeah, subcontinental teams have never played a good match away from home.
Should be a 5-0 Zim sweep against those home pitch bullies. 8-)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess this is kind of related. Zimbabwean player Colin de Grandhomme is currently playing for Howick/Pakuranga in the Auckland premier division. The word is that he's looking to gain residency here.