• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why are English cricketers always injured???

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
A competent physio with his spot on diagnosis can treat the player accordingly and prevent the player from getting into some serious trouble. If you suffers from a simple muscle strain or minor tendon tear and aren't treated appropriately, then you can end up getting out of action for a longer time ,thanks to someone's inefficielncy!
I wouldn't have thought a physio would be employed with the ECB if he didn't know his onions, so to speak.

My point re junior coaches was that the damage could have been done in their teens with the coaches fiddling with bowling actions, not realising the changes do long term damage to their body.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Reuben, I kept this one open because the first three were sensible (compared to none) and it is actually creating some sensible comments/discussion.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I don't think it has much to do with the physios. They're brought into play once the injury has been sustained. They could be blamed for something like Flintoff's injury where it's taking him longer to come back.

A comment earlier about playing whilst injured is perhaps indicative of the lack of depth within the England team. The better players feel they have to play for the side to have any chance of winning.

It could also be plain bad luck. All bowlers have time off due to injury (look at Gillespie). Mayeb it's just a bad time with all these injuries occurring together.

Too much cricket is another argument and that is probably right for the fringe and county players who play a lot of county and one day games. The full time test players don't come into this category as they seem to be rested at various points through the season so that they are relatively fresh for the big games.

So there you have it. Lots of different causes to blame.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Reuben, I kept this one open because the first three were sensible (compared to none) and it is actually creating some sensible comments/discussion.
Neil mate , that is once again one of the biggest load of cr*p that you have outspoken once again ? Mate im trying to support you guys here... this like marc said has NO sign of some mature discussion or comment .... its one more of those really stupid Close Minded opinions put up by some extremist users who support india and everything not indian cricket is utterly cr*p , see by saying that i dont mean everybody , if u look at ur own posts and see if its reasonable then check your fine but.....

If you really love the game of cricket that much the first rule is to Respect Your Opponents , im like 1/4 indian and you dont see me going " oh god look at trescothick he cant bat for jacksh*t , but no hes been avging 50 odd against India and i knw when to keep my mouth shut ....

Man if i was english all these comments posted seem to indirectly racist , or picking on them ?

I mean what kind of a comment in the world is stated " Why do English keep getting injured " i mean what in the world are you trying to get at ? and look at all the other countries too, if the person had put Why Do Countries have Injuries , i would be like fine that sounds pretty reasonable....

Marc doesnt have to keep telling all you close minded people why your comments seem to make no sense at all at times ... So hence im taking his side...

Incompetent Physio for one example , A World Class International Team doesnt pay a guy to be their physio "hush-a-lot-of-money " to train them up , and U.K pound is one of the best currencies in the world... so to speak hes been given a lot of money to do his job well , or he would have been given the Royal Boot a while ago...

And neil if you looked at my poll it was based on the stupidness that this poll shows and if you look at mine another way maybe you will figure out that its like a question a one that one wants to go deeper into , like a Why ? question...

Agarkar Is the Worst Indian bowler ive seen in my life , he should try umpiring for a career

[Edited on 29/10/2002 by lord_of_darkness]

wahindiawah

Banned
![/quote]

Back then, the standards of hygiene were a lot lower, and tourists did go down with food poisoning. In fact, even as recently as 1993 it happened (Gatting & co. and the prawns)

Besides, what evidence do you have that England have more injuries than other teams? [/quote]

Evidence of what?? Since long England haven't played fielded a full fledge side, and its not just 1-2 cricketers that are absent, sometimes the list is half a dozen, we all know that, atmost NZ comes second after the Brits when it comes to injuries woes.

I had questioned about the ability of English Physio coz a physio's role is very important, just because he's getting hefty sum doesn't necessarily means he's Mr Perfect, infact in the world of medicine noone is perfect.Some ppl reacted to it with hysterical attack, i have great respect for English extablishment, if they think the physio is doing a good job, then i have no problem with it!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
To clarify what I meant Reuben:

There was something approaching some sense developing re: coaches altering juniors' bowling actions disregarding possible future implications...

Anyway, this is going nowhere now.

Status
Not open for further replies.