• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PricewaterhouseCoopers Test Ratings

James

Cricket Web Owner
Do you agree with the PricewaterhouseCoopers test ratings?

Give us your thoughts.

Sam

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sam Jenkins Top 25

1.Brian Lara
2.Sachin Tendulkar
3.Andy Flower
4.Jacques Kallis
5.Marvan Atapattu
6.Matthew Hayden
7.Herschelle Gibbs
8.Neil McKenzie
9.Mahela Jayawardene
10.Adam Gilchrist
11.Justin Langer
12.Craig McMillan
13.Kumar Sangakkara
14.Rahul Dravid
15.Mark Butcher
16.Mark Waugh
17.Mark Richardson
18.Damien Martyn
19.Venkata Laxman
20.Kumar Sangakkara
21.Ricky Ponting
22.Yousuf Youhana
23.Nathan Astle
24.Marcus Trescothick
25.Stephen Fleming

Sam

What do you guys think ???

Team Break Down ( In World Ranking Order )

1.Australia : 6
2.South Africa : 3
3.Sri Lanka : 4
4.England : 2
5.New Zeland :4

Here's the other :

West Indies : 1
India : 3
Zimbabwe : 1
Pakistan : 1
Bangladesh : 0

Sam

The bowling is bad too:

Lee 17 what the hell he should be like 93

Vettori 21. WTF he is a top 10 bowler world class.

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
well, i must say that that is the most pathetic list i have ever seen (not ures Sam). Chris Cairns should not b in the top ten and in the Bowling people like Mark Waugh, Astle, Tendulker etc are all ahead of the actual bowlers like Bichel and Drum who probably shouldn't b on the list either! there are loads more problems with that list but it would take all week to write them down!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The PWC is the best ranking system, and it rates players very fairly IMO.

The reason some players (like Bichel and Drum) are so low is because they've not played enough Test Cricket to qualify for a full ranking.

Sam

The PWC is the best ranking system, and it rates players very fairly IMO.

The reason some players (like Bichel and Drum) are so low is because they've not played enough Test Cricket to qualify for a full ranking.
Nah it sucks. Crap.

Cairns is not the 6th best bowler in the World. Lee isn't 17th hes **** Ir eckon i could hit him for 4. :)

------------
Edited by James - please don't swear in the forums Sam.

[Edited on 1/2/02 by James]

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
Martyn 18 !?!?!?

I think his position of 10 is quite reasonable considering he averages 51 in test cricket!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cairns' 6th is based on his recent performances. A wicket every 4 overs at an average of less than 12.5 strikes me as pretty good!

Sam

Martyn is a good batter I don't doubt that but there is other ebtter batsmen that I rate ahead of him.

Dingo

Quite frankly, the only people who care about the PWC ratings are the media...

One incident may help bring this into perspective - after Paul Reiffel was dropped for a tour, he happened to run into a selector who said he wasn't good enough for the tour. Reiffel pointed out the PWC ratings (at that point Reiffel was #9) and the selector said that nobody really noticed those ratings....

Which made Reiffel's reply of "The other names above mine look pretty good to me" even more appropriate :)

Sulphate

Cricket Spectator
where can i find the list so i can join in the conversation????

:P
search for'PricewaterhouseCoopers test ratings' on google. the home site for pricewaterhousecoopers shud come up. at least it did for me 8D

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
I was looking at the Who's Online area, and saw a Guest here so I thought "What the hell!" and had a look.

I thought it was groovy and posted.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
The ratings are only for people who don't know alot about cricket. If you follow cricket then you shouldn't take much notice of them. Once you get to the top 30 or so in the world it all comes down to the day. We all have our good and bad days, and our low and high patches.