• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* SA v Bangladesh Test Series

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Hayward, despite bowling extremely quick at times has absolutely no control with his line & length & even Bangladesh know where to put him away.

V Reddy

International Debutant
But Tim its back to the same position again for BANGLADESH. But now atleast they are getting scores in excess of 200.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well.. should have been a lot, lot better boys.

Hannan Sarkar, Habibul Bashar and Al Sahariar are starting to establish themselves, but Tushar Imran is still crap, and Alok Kapali is really impressing me.

And why doesn't Sanwar Hossain get bowled more often... :)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanwar bowling more often? He just did...and took 1-98 off 20 overs or something...but look at the figures of their bowlers...you've really got to consider weather Bangladesh deserve to be in Test cricket.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
They're just getting carted on a flat pitch.

Give them time, it took numerous countries ten, fifteen, twenty years to win a test. They'll get there.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but did those teams only stop loosing due to the weather and never looked like saving a test by batting their way out of trouble or have any performances of note other than 6-81 from a guy who now averages 53 with the ball...sheesh I hope they get better...but not before England have played them :lol: why when everyone is filling their boots against Bangladesh can't England?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
New Zealand.

First match 1929/30

First win 1955/56

First win in a match that wasn't dead (they were 3-0 down in a 4 Test Series) 1961/62

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
NZ won their first game at the 44th attempt, having had 21 draws and 22 defeats.

India won their first game at the 25th attempt, having had 12 draws and 12 defeats.

Those look pretty similar in terms of hanging on for draws to me!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
In defence of Bangladesh, NZ and India's first games were in the era of 4 (and even 3?) day test matches, so it could have been much easier to batten down the hatches and go for the draw.

They'll get there. But Tushar Imran is awful. See Bangladesh's averages (Test, FC [Bowling Test, FC]):

Hannan Sarkar 28.8, 28.1
Al Sahariar 22.6, 30.1
Habibul Bashar 34.1, 34.6
Sanwar Hossain 17.1, 32.6 [53.5, 26.5]
Tushar Imran 8.7, 15.6 (Yes, 15.6 FC)
+Khaled Mashud 16.6, 27.5
Alok Kapali 33.6, 19.7 [161.5, 21.9] (Age 18)
Rafiqul Islam 3.5 (1 Test), 32.7
Tapash Baisya 13.8, 12.1 [120, 36.2] (Test 52*)
Manjural Islam 2.8, 4.0 [57.1, 42.9]
Talha Jubair 3.3, 5.0 [51.4, 48.0] (Age 16)

Plus
Mohammed Rafique 20.7, 22.5 [68.3, 17.2]
Aminul Islam 22.3, 31.1 [149, 59.4]
Javed Omar 23.7, 26.2
Mohammed Ashraful 25.8, 25.4 [223, 32.4] (Age 18)

Another thing to remember here is that a lot are still very, very young. Alok and Talha seem ones to watch.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by vishnureddy
No it was comparing to BAN and not NZ.
Oh right sorry, I was just posting in answer to Roy and assumed you wanted to compare NZ to India - but Neil has answered the point quite clearly.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by vishnureddy
No it was comparing to BAN and not NZ.
Oh right sorry, I was just posting in answer to Roy and assumed you wanted to compare NZ to India - but Neil has answered the point quite clearly.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by age_master
you really gotta question the point of ther series
They really seem to be out of their depth. On the other hand, they only have one way to go, ie up they have to learn it the hard way. I think Kenya had a much better case of being promoted to test nation status before Bangladesh.