• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
love watching akhtar in these sort of spells. one of the more thrilling sights in cricket.

He really put everything he had into each delivery, you'd only see the exhaustion on his face once he got the wicket

thecricketstory

Cricket Spectator
Kolpak deals after Brexit

Shortly after Brexit, the ECB advised the counties that Kolpak cricket deals will no longer be valid beyond the end of the 2020 season. So how will the end of Kolpak deals affect South African and English cricket?

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now that Vernon Philander's retired from internationals I thought we should celebrate his career by re-living its crowning moment.

SillyCowCorner1

Samuels' maiden ODI century:

A lot of familiar faces and voices in this match: Ricardo Powell, Carl Hooper, Srinath, Dravid keeping; the comm box: Sanju Manju, Rawvi Shastri, Danny Morrison.

And that red handkerchief that Steve Waugh gave to Samuels.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
For me, it will always be the Perth knock. Then the 150 odd in Sehwag's debut test match, and also his exploits in the 2010/11 RSA tests against a rampaging Steyn. Easily his best batting performances. Amazing thing is, it covers 1992, 2001 and 2010. Almost or actually across 3 different decades. Shows how good he was and for how long. Amazing.

vcs

'96 Cape Town in that partnership with Azhar was probably his best knock in terms of strokeplay vs. pace. Chennai '98 155* for spin.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
'96 Cape Town in that partnership with Azhar was probably his best knock in terms of strokeplay vs. pace. Chennai '98 155* for spin.

I will rate his Chennai knock against Pak better than both quite easily and I would still rate the ones I mentioned better than his 99 Chennai knock vs Pak purely from a batsmanship perspective.

vcs

The 155 in SA was a great knock. His 2010-11 knocks against Steyn and co. were great in a different kind of way, more about solidity and defiance and some luck (which was probably the only way to survive peak Steyn) and less about dazzling strokeplay.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, 3 different features of his batting really. Hence I said batsmanship and not just strokeplay. I agree going by stroke play alone, my ranking will be:

1. Perth 1992
2. Bloemfontein (I think, not sure) 2001
3. Cape Town 1996
4. Chennai 1998

Kirkut

International Regular
Yeah, 3 different features of his batting really. Hence I said batsmanship and not just strokeplay. I agree going by stroke play alone, my ranking will be:

1. Perth 1992
2. Bloemfontein (I think, not sure) 2001
3. Cape Town 1996
4. Chennai 1998
The only reason why I am not a big fan of the Perth ton was because of the bowling attack. With Merv Hughes in the side, the prejudiced/discriminatory side of me says that fat people don't bowl fast.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
The only reason why I am not a big fan of the Perth ton was because of the bowling attack. With Merv Hughes in the side, the prejudiced/discriminatory side of me says that fat people don't bowl fast.
Pretty sure Perth 1992 is the last home Test that Australia didn't have a spinner in the bowling attack.