• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You pick your best bowlers IMO. Yes, it may not turn a great deal, but I'd still count on Kumble and Harbhajan to take wickets quicker than I'd assign faith to any of the Indian seamers.

If we're going to pick our 'best bowlers', we'd have four spinners and no pacers. But it doesn't work like that.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think that playing on the bouncy and seaming South African wickets will erally help the Indian pacers, who hopefully have a good series and restore a bit of respect to India's fast bowling department.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can see Graeme Smith having a reasonably good series if the conditions aren't likely to assist swing bowling, I know Pathan gets a reasonable amount of swing if he get's his action and release right but I'm not sure about the other quicks.

tooextracool

International Coach
Munaf and Shreesanth can both swing the ball in favorable conditions. They complement each other in that one largely bowls inswingers while the other bowls outswingers to the right hander.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
Munaf and Shreesanth can both swing the ball in favorable conditions. They complement each other in that one largely bowls inswingers while the other bowls outswingers to the right hander.
Munaf is more renowned as a seam bowler but either way he should enjoy himself in South Africa conditions.

tooextracool

International Coach
TT Boy said:
Munaf is more renowned as a seam bowler but either way he should enjoy himself in South Africa conditions.
no Munaf is more renowned for his ability to reverse swing the old ball, although he can get the new ball to swing in favorable conditions as well.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Munaf's attitude is shocking, to say the least. I can understand saving yourself by bowling at 80% of your pace in some games, but to do it everygame is in itself shocking and then comes his fielding. I know he is no athelete and obviously is gonna find it hard to chase down balls in the outfield but having said that, to see him throw underarm almost all the time, and even though we have seen no report of any sort of injury to him in his throwing arm, it is just shocking. It is almost as if "let me make sure I don't get injured or else someone might come in and take my place."

I am not asking him to give 110% and get injured, but is it really too much to ask a guy playing for your country to give 100% almost everytime?

adharcric

International Coach
This becomes even more annoying in test matches when Munaf starts bowling mediocre spells and apparently conserving his energy when he's capable of bowling devastating ones with pace and swing. He seems to have serious stamina issues and that's quite unfortunate. Chappell, Frazier and King better be putting a lot of work into this for all the money and credit they receive. Munaf could really become an asset if he can improve this part of his game.

Last edited:

Gajanayake

School Boy/Girl Captain
RAju saying that this could be Kaif's last chance is just plain dumb......if anything, it's a guy like Sehwag who needs to be on notice.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Gajanayake said:
RAju saying that this could be Kaif's last chance is just plain dumb......if anything, it's a guy like Sehwag who needs to be on notice.
Both of them need to be on notice. And in Tests, Yuvraj needs to be on notice too.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
This becomes even more annoying in test matches when Munaf starts bowling mediocre spells and apparently conserving his energy when he's capable of bowling devastating ones with pace and swing. He seems to have serious stamina issues and that's quite unfortunate. Chappell, Frazier and King better be putting a lot of work into this for all the money and credit they receive. Munaf could really become an asset if he can improve this part of his game.

Is it time for me to say 'I told you so.' or do you want me to wait until after the South African series?

Dravid

International Captain
Raju isnt in the right state of mind right now, Kaif hasn't done half bad in his last 6-7 matches. Why drop him? However I agree about Raina. Raina isn't proving to be much in the side. However if they bring back Ganguly before Gambhir, Laxman, or everyone else that has performed better than Ganguly than I will seriously start to hate the BCCI and the selection team.

krishnavamshi24

Cricket Spectator
India will struggle

yeah i do think india will struggle unless and until thier bowling gets it right IRFAN pathan oh my he doesnt seem one bit of the bowler he used to be before the zimbawe tour god he has been worse then bangladeshi bowlers they atleast maintained thier line .....then Sreesanth he is the one only one showing promise and munaf patel he has to be more consistent and perform in pressure games .....then their is MR lucky (suresh raina) god how the hell is he still in the team cant they get VVS laxman he tends to be the best in the team in bouncy conditions .......he is star performer how can they ignore him last time too he was ignored for wc pls not again he just got to much class to be ignored ........we dont even have the prince(he aint so good now though) then there Mr unpredicatable virender sehwag this just seems to be a perfect recipe for a disaster god hope they do well thats all i can say for the moment the bowling really needs to pull up its socks

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
krishnavamshi24 said:
yeah i do think india will struggle unless and until thier bowling gets it right IRFAN pathan oh my he doesnt seem one bit of the bowler he used to be before the zimbawe tour god he has been worse then bangladeshi bowlers they atleast maintained thier line .....then Sreesanth he is the one only one showing promise and munaf patel he has to be more consistent and perform in pressure games .....then their is MR lucky (suresh raina) god how the hell is he still in the team cant they get VVS laxman he tends to be the best in the team in bouncy conditions .......he is star performer how can they ignore him last time too he was ignored for wc pls not again he just got to much class to be ignored ........we dont even have the prince(he aint so good now though) then there Mr unpredicatable virender sehwag this just seems to be a perfect recipe for a disaster god hope they do well thats all i can say for the moment the bowling really needs to pull up its socks

I'd hate to break it to you but most of our pace bowlers are worse than the Bangladeshi bowlers.

Dravid

International Captain
Please stop typing in bold. And as for as the Indian pace attack go, India have a decent pace bowler in the side now with Zaheer back.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Dravid said:
Please stop typing in bold. And as for as the Indian pace attack go, India have a decent pace bowler in the side now with Zaheer back.
That's almost like saying "England finally have a decent spinner now that Ashley Giles is back."

krishnavamshi24

Cricket Spectator
ho ho

im giving india no chance unless irfan pathan gets back to his own and then the form of Sehwag,Dhoni,Sachin,Rahul,yuvraj all have to fire and the pace attack Im keepin my hopes on Munaf patel,Sreesanth........and as far as zaheer is concerned im not interested in him unless he starts unleashing those nail crushing yorkers that he used to bowl at the beginning of his career and if he is bowling those yorkers at the speed he used at the start of his career ohhhhhhhhhhh mama india's bowling woes can be put to rest