• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Survivor WEEK TWO - W. Younis is off the cricket pitch!

devdas

Cricket Spectator
Originally posted by Rik
Hmmmm it could be that someone just kept on voting for McGrath...we need to sort out a way of making it so that one person can only vote once...its wierd I sometimes have to vote again when I come onto a poll just to see the result...
It doesn't work that back, one can only vote once, nothing hanky panky about it. I tried to do that, first i voted for Donald and then tried to vote for Garner as i thought i made a mistake initially, but it didn't allowed me to vote again.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's strange, some polls do allow multiple voting, but some don't seem to - a bit hit and miss in my view.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Paid, U never got back to me about S Pollock and Imran Khan not being included in this list. Their stats (with ur method) are better than some of the others on this list.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Originally posted by royGilchrist
Paid, U never got back to me about S Pollock and Imran Khan not being included in this list. Their stats (with ur method) are better than some of the others on this list.
S. Pollock (94.04) - not a true openning bowler ;)
I. Khan (didn't get 200 wickets)

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Are you kidding me!!!

If u made a mistake Paid its no big deal, infact its not even a mistake, u just overlooked two great bowlers.

Anyways, Imran Khan did not take 200 wickets????? I am not sure what to say about that one, maybe u werent born when he was bowling. He took more wickets than Lillee, 362 to be precise.

And Shaun Pollock not a opening bowler. That is about the lamest excuse I have ever heard. First of all the criteria was never openeing bowlers, but great fast bowlers (I can quote u on that one). Secondly, since when has Garner been an opening bowler, he was primarily a first change. And thirdly and more importantly, Pollock is an excellent opening bowler, and has been a large part of his career.

I am not saying u should include these two in the poll now, its no big deal just a poll, but please quit the excuses.

OZOZ

Cricket Spectator
[/quote]

[/quote]

As a matter of fact, Imran got much more than 200 wkts in both formats of cricket, gets ur facts right buddy!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Atleast these days he's opening the attack.Even Marshall wasn't an opening bowler for Windies for quite some time, doesn't mean he wasn't a great bowler!

[Edited on 16/10/2002 by OZOZ]

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Paid : if you dont come up with good enough reasons for your omissions then i guess the purpose of this poll has already died :yawn:

[Edited on 16/10/2002 by Gotchya]

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Paid The Umpire
Originally posted by royGilchrist
What do you mean Imran didn't get 200 wickets???

Imran Career bowling stats: 88 matches 362 wickets 8/58(best inning figures) 14/116(best match figures) 22.81(average) 2.54(r.p.o) 53.7(strike rate) 23(5 wickets in an innings) 6(10 wickets in a match)

Shaun Pollock - not a true opening bowler???

Shaun Pollock bowling stats: 63 matches 261 wickets 7/87(best inning figures) 10/147(best match figures) 20.72(average) 2.29(r.p.o) 54.1(strike rate) 14(5 wickets in an inning) 1(10 wickets in a match).

Both of these guys have exceptional career stats. Your excuses for not including them are the lamest I have heard.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Sorry, about Khan.

Well the reason I assumed that he got less than 200 wickets is that....

The list I used to get the players stats was made by my father and I guess he left him off it accidently.

SORRY!

Pollock - I just don't like him :), kidding, I just looked at the others in the list and I rated Pollock as the 'worst' of the best. After all it is my POLL! :D

:( I cry myself to sleep after that abuse!

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Sorry, about Khan.

Well the reason I assumed that he got less than 200 wickets is that....

The list I used to get the players stats was made by my father and I guess he left him off it accidently.

SORRY!

Pollock - I just don't like him , kidding, I just looked at the others in the list and I rated Pollock as the 'worst' of the best. After all it is my POLL!

I cry myself to sleep after that abuse!
:lol: Sure mate its ur poll and yes mistakes are always acceptable :)